4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

remote start

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 02:45 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

Default RE: remote start

i got a remote start alarm so it was a little more than just a remote start. It cost me where i went $550 for the alarm the remote start and the install and it all worked fine, but like i said before the car needed to be in neutral and the parking brake needed to be up. There was another little thing the way i set the alarm was weird though because the car needed to be on and then i put it in neutral and the parking brake up and then i press a button on the remote and the car stays on then i get out and press the alarm set button and the car turns off and the remote start is set. Thats the only way they could get it too work. It was a clifford alarm remote start system that i had in my cars.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:16 PM
blackbetty01
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: yellowcobra

i got a remote start alarm so it was a little more than just a remote start. It cost me where i went $550 for the alarm the remote start and the install and it all worked fine, but like i said before the car needed to be in neutral and the parking brake needed to be up. There was another little thing the way i set the alarm was weird though because the car needed to be on and then i put it in neutral and the parking brake up and then i press a button on the remote and the car stays on then i get out and press the alarm set button and the car turns off and the remote start is set. Thats the only way they could get it too work. It was a clifford alarm remote start system that i had in my cars.
So you have to leave the key in the ignition for it to work? Seems like it would invite people to try and steal the car, yes the alarm SHOULD stop them, but that might not stop idiots from throwing a rock threw the window before finding out there is an alarm.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:24 PM
ByPopularDemand
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gtboy2k

Just my $0.02, I have heard it is possible to install remote start on a 5spd, but that it is considerably difficult and that no shop will do it.

My friend has one on a 6 speed
Old 02-15-2006, 03:33 PM
four-sixer
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ByPopularDemand

ORIGINAL: gtboy2k

Just my $0.02, I have heard it is possible to install remote start on a 5spd, but that it is considerably difficult and that no shop will do it.

My friend has one on a 6 speed

how much was his? Did a small shop do it?
Old 02-15-2006, 03:41 PM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: travisl1213

cicuit city carries an awsom one by python, i belive. it sells for 499.99
Python 2-Way Security and Remote Start System with Responder Technology (PYTHON881XP)
DEI PYTHON881XP
• 3 auxiliary outputs
• Clone-Safe® Code-Hopping®
• 6-tone siren • Shock sensor
• Failsafe® Starter Kill
• Parking light flash

its the best one and the remote goes off like a cell phone if somone messes with ur car. if u know some one like me that works at cicuit city, with out discount we get it for like 136.99 so get in good with some emploies

Will you be my friend? I wouldn't think of buying one for 500 bucks. That's insane. But for $150, I'm very interested How much is install?
Old 02-15-2006, 03:57 PM
crash94
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Emann0007

Python 2-Way Security and Remote Start System with Responder Technology (PYTHON881XP)
DEI PYTHON881XP
• 3 auxiliary outputs
• Failsafe® Starter Kill
• Parking light flash

its the best one and the remote goes off like a cell phone if somone messes with ur car. if u know some one like me that works at cicuit city, with out discount we get it for like 136.99 so get in good with some emploies

Will you be my friend? I wouldn't think of buying one for 500 bucks. That's insane. But for $150, I'm very interested How much is install?
Emann, that totally fits your pic!! Love it!!
Old 02-15-2006, 04:12 PM
four-sixer
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: crash94

ORIGINAL: Emann0007

DEI PYTHON881XP
• 3 auxiliary outputs
• Failsafe® Starter Kill
• Parking light flash

Emann, that totally fits your pic!! Love it!!

haha it does [&:]
Old 02-15-2006, 04:19 PM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

That's my little brother... That kid is hilarious!
Old 02-15-2006, 04:54 PM
travisl1213
4th Gear Member

i think the istall is kinda pricy no matter where you get it done, (if u find a place willing). most places that are going to do it, u would have to buy from there anyway. i know like a ccity we only install the stuff we sell, not what u can get somewhere else. so the key is find a place that will do the install and they dont mind installing somthing they dont sell.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:02 PM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

emann...i remember seeing you live in central FL. i live like an hour south of Tampa. my friend works at Best Buy and he might be able to get a deal...if you are really serious i could try to arrange something if you were willing to travel. its like 2 1/2 hours away from O-town. just a thought to try and save a fellow Mustang owner some money.

but i went to a smaller shop and got my alarm. its an excalibur...which is pretty much an identical alarm to a viper or one of those...but the customer service is supposedly a lot better. my guy HATES dealing with viper. he charged my $250 for the thing, installed and ready to go. no remote start tho. it does have empty channels that if i paid more money could use them to roll the windows down and stuff. you just need to buy the module which is like an extra $100 or $150.

Quick Reply: remote start