MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   remote start (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/96391-remote-start.html)

travisl1213 02-15-2006 10:43 AM

remote start

Remote start on a 5 speed 98 gt. where can do it. i hear its pretty hard to install.

MustangMafia 02-15-2006 10:46 AM

RE: remote start

ORIGINAL: travisl1213

Remote start on a 5 speed 98 gt. where can do it. i hear its pretty hard to install.
I'd be willing to bet any place that can install alarm systems could do it...

Car_Ramrod 02-15-2006 12:44 PM

i think some places wont do it cuz it is considered unsafe with a 5 speed i think. i dont think a large place like circuit city or best buy would do it, but you may prove me wrong.

it was too much of a hassle so i just went with a really good alarm without remote start. not worth the money and aggravation if you ask me. although, a GT with exhaust would be INCREDIBLE with remote start.

Emann0007 02-15-2006 12:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Car_Ramrod

i think some places wont do it cuz it is considered unsafe with a 5 speed i think. i dont think a large place like circuit city or best buy would do it, but you may prove me wrong.

it was too much of a hassle so i just went with a really good alarm without remote start. not worth the money and aggravation if you ask me. although, a GT with exhaust would be INCREDIBLE with remote start.

I was thinking about getting a remote start... How much are those kits and who makes them?

travisl1213 02-15-2006 12:46 PM

yea i work at ccity and i checked best buy and they wont do it either

gtboy2k 02-15-2006 12:58 PM

Just my $0.02, I have heard it is possible to install remote start on a 5spd, but that it is considerably difficult and that no shop will do it.

travisl1213 02-15-2006 12:59 PM

cicuit city carries an awsom one by python, i belive. it sells for 499.99
Python 2-Way Security and Remote Start System with Responder Technology (PYTHON881XP)
DEI PYTHON881XP
• 3 auxiliary outputs
• Clone-Safe® Code-Hopping®
• 6-tone siren • Shock sensor
• Failsafe® Starter Kill
• Parking light flash

its the best one and the remote goes off like a cell phone if somone messes with ur car. if u know some one like me that works at cicuit city, with out discount we get it for like 136.99 so get in good with some emploies

MustangMafia 02-15-2006 01:02 PM

ORIGINAL: gtboy2k

Just my $0.02, I have heard it is possible to install remote start on a 5spd, but that it is considerably difficult and that no shop will do it.
It is possible. You just have to make sure the car is in neutral when u try to start it or it will just die over and over. You notice how when you try to start your car without the clutch it in it wont start? That is an added feature put on cars to prevent engine damage. If they didnt have that, people would do unnecessary damage by forgetting to push the clutch in when starting their car.

And I wouldnt expect circuit city or a place like that to do it. I know a place around here does it, they specialize in car alarms, automotive entertainment, and sound n what not. I would try places like that that specialize in alarms n stuff..

Just my $0.02

CobraSnake 02-15-2006 01:48 PM

yeah i installed a remote start on my contour and my focus and i couldn't find any place to do it. The only place i could find was a little **** shop that would do it. The only reason they won't do it is because they don't insure it because if they don't put the right saftey features on then if you start your car with the remote and you have it in gear your car will take off. When you get a remote start on a manual you have to have it in Neutral and the parking brake up for it too work at least thats how mine was.

blackbetty01 02-15-2006 02:15 PM

ORIGINAL: yellowcobra

yeah i installed a remote start on my contour and my focus and i couldn't find any place to do it. The only place i could find was a little **** shop that would do it. The only reason they won't do it is because they don't insure it because if they don't put the right saftey features on then if you start your car with the remote and you have it in gear your car will take off. When you get a remote start on a manual you have to have it in Neutral and the parking brake up for it too work at least thats how mine was.
How much did it cost you for the Install?
My car won't start unless the clutch is pushed in, regardless if it is in neutral. But I know it is possible, just rare.