4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

intake removal

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 08:45 PM
justingt
3rd Gear Member

Default intake removal

OK I finally got my two friends over to install my denso iridium plugs and we were removing the intake and all but one hose came out. Idk what it is. It is a plastic type hose that is closes to the throttle body. It seems to be on a threaded thing lol. It is literally the only thing holding up the install. Also I bought a 10" socket extension so i dont have to remove the fuel rails right?
Old 02-18-2006, 09:04 PM
justingt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: intake removal

c'mon guys i really need to know
Old 02-18-2006, 09:05 PM
beheivjer
2nd Gear Member

wait a little more than 15 minutes to see
Old 02-18-2006, 09:10 PM
beheivjer
2nd Gear Member

why are you pulling the intake are you pulling the tb there is only a couple of nuts to take off and 2 hoses grab a pair of pliers and twist back and forth until they losen up and pull apart
Old 02-18-2006, 09:12 PM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: beheivjer

why are you pulling the intake are you pulling the tb there is only a couple of nuts to take off and 2 hoses grab a pair of pliers and twist back and forth until they losen up and pull apart
If you read his post, he says he is installing new plugs, and you have to take the intake hose off to get to the passenger side plugs.

All of the intake hoses should just pull out....can you describe your problem a little better?
Old 02-18-2006, 09:14 PM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: justingt

OK I finally got my two friends over to install my denso iridium plugs and we were removing the intake and all but one hose came out. Idk what it is. It is a plastic type hose that is closes to the throttle body. It seems to be on a threaded thing lol. It is literally the only thing holding up the install. Also I bought a 10" socket extension so i dont have to remove the fuel rails right?
Yea, your fine. Make sure to secure the socket to the extension, tape it or something.

When I did my plugs, the socket kept getting stuck on the plugs and coming off of the extension, it was really annoying. Then I realized I should just tape it, lol.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:14 PM
beheivjer
2nd Gear Member

yes the hose unscrew the crappy hose clamp and twist out of the way i dont take mine off all the way to replace the plugs. he said intake not intake tube thats why i asked
Old 02-18-2006, 11:06 PM
justingt
3rd Gear Member

yea we got the intake tube out and realized it would be way too hard to install these lol o well.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:10 PM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: justingt

yea we got the intake tube out and realized it would be way too hard to install these lol o well.
Its not that hard man.

All you have to do is get the socket in there, and unscrew them. Pull them out, put some anti-sieze on the new ones,
screw them back in, put some silicone compound on the wire, and reattatch it. Cylinder 8 is the hardest because there is a lot of junk in the way, but overall its not bad.

I changed out my plugs and wires in a couple hours one night just chillin in my garage. Its really not that bad.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:12 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

Its the hose that connects to your IAC. get a screwdriver and pry it... its not threaded.

Quick Reply: intake removal