4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

lmI vs. lmII

Old 02-19-2006, 02:01 AM
IownaMustangNow
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: lmI vs. lmII

ok this is how it was described to me before i made my decision (loudmout 1's) if u want UBER loud and super deep... go with the 1's but if u want UBER deep and super loud go with the loud mouth 2's.... ibelieve it was nanaki that gave me that description.. dont remember it was a long time ago
Old 02-19-2006, 02:02 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

yea, that was me. i changed it a bit so it's easier to type out now.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:21 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Mafia, Ive done 4 months of research. I think I know by now.

Even thought its not on my car yet, I will know for sure in a week, but having been studying exhaust combos, especially LM's, for 4 months now, I think I can at least explain what its going to most likely sound like.

Just like the others who can make guessamites on exhausts based on sounds clips, word of mouth, talking to people who have the setup. I don't have to have the setup to let someone know what its suppose to sound like. Plus I have talked to 2 people who DO have the setup, for months now, so I have a very good idea of what Im looking at.

And at no point in my explaination did I used the word exactly.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:24 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: meebix

Even thought its not on my car yet, I will know for sure in a week, but having been studying exhaust combos, especially LM's, for 4 months now, I think I can at least explain what its going to most likely sound like.

Just like the others who can make guessamites on exhausts based on sounds clips, word of mouth, talking to people who have the setup. I don't have to have the setup to let someone know what its suppose to sound like. Plus I have talked to 2 people who DO have the setup, for months now, so I have a very good idea of what Im looking at.

i KNOW what the LMs sound like. i've had both. k thx
Old 02-19-2006, 02:26 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

I never said you didn't know. As a matter of fact, I knew you've actually had both.

The point is there was nothing wrong with my assessment....
Which Mafia decided to dispute, but no, Im sorry... Im just trying to help someone with some basic information who needed some help. I guess thats WRONG.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:26 AM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

The LM1s are resonators... Swervo (a member here, and a lcal friend) has a Mac H-pipe (o/r) with LM1's. His setup is LOUD as hell. I was riding about his 5 O'Clock (2 lane highway) and my ears were actually ringing, almost like when a mortar goes off near you're posistion. Regardless, his setup is ridiculously loud, and, after he revved for me, he got pulled over for noise violation.... Just a heads up :-p.

I personally have Mac O/R Prochamber with steeda catback, its pretty deep, and fairly loud, especially when I get on it..
Old 02-19-2006, 05:14 AM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

You cant compare exhaust with clips, hearing them in person is way different.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:47 AM
03redGT
3rd Gear Member

i just bought the LM I's

you know why? because when i lay into it, i want god himself to say holy S**T thats F****N mean
Old 02-19-2006, 11:03 AM
IownaMustangNow
3rd Gear Member

you know why? because when i lay into it, i want god himself to say holy S**T thats F****N mean
match it wit the off road x pipe and lt headers and i think he would [sm=gobble.gif]

ahah that smiley eats the pointer... never saw that one before lol
Old 02-20-2006, 03:13 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: meebix

Oh I wasnt doubting your credibility. I was just confused because you had some pretty in-depth knoweldge as to what it would sound like, then you said you were waiting to install it. I'm sure you're right. Also, have you heard any clips of LM1 + O/R X? I have heard clips of them with the O/R H and Prochamber, but never with the O/R X.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lmI vs. lmII