4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Really pissing them off

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 10:42 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Default RE: Really pissing them off

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

ORIGINAL: 98LS1

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

Run whatcha brung.
Too bad more people don't believe like this....this is the exact reason I spray the **** out of my motor.
It's the way it should be, if everyone is going to bitch and moan about # of cylinders or cubic inches, barely any COMPETING manufacturers have MATCHING CI engines, so really, you can compare very very few cars fairly, am I correct?

Honestly, who cares what the hell you have for cylinders, displacement or forced induction. Unless you are running in a sanctioned series that dictates rules to you, it's run whatcha brung and there's no complaining about someone having an unfair advantage, if someone has an advantage...well...it's time to spend some more money ain't it?

Some people bitch like the street car industry is like effing NASCAR and everyone should be on an equal platform & engine base. It's a free for all and if you don't like it, go buy a go-cart and race in whatever series there is around you.
I agree it's not my fault that they bought a car with less power than mine. I did my research and bought the car that fits what I wanted to do with it, and that is go fast on a small budget and still be able to daily drive the car.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:55 PM
4.6addikt

exactly you buy what you can with your budget etc.. Most of the STi guys payed 30k+ for their cars, most of the guys here bought their GT's used for example some of us payed anywhere from 10 to 15k .. They should really compare their cars to a Cobra if they are looking at price ranges, because I'd be upset if I spent 30K on my car and a guy who spent maybe half that for his was keeping up/ and or beating me.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:30 AM
XxphantomsnypzxX
3rd Gear Member

agreed a fair race is GT vs WRX. If you wanna use the WRX's big brother the STi then you have to bring out the GT's big brother, the Cobra. A kid who has a brand new WRX pushing out 280bhp still really really wants a ride in my 96 gt. So I mean I think its cool that he respects my car ( which is still in mint condition with 67,000 miles on it). I respect his also though. People like that are cool, these STi people seem like *********
Old 02-20-2006, 11:42 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

Subaru backwards = U R A BUS

Pointless I know, but I need more posts!
Old 02-20-2006, 01:13 PM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangMafia

Subaru backwards = U R A BUS

Pointless I know, but I need more posts!

Can we get this guy an official post ***** banner?
Old 02-20-2006, 03:57 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

I love they way they posted this and that about no respect for 4cyl cars Mustang drivers being conceited. Then some knucklehead comes on and posts that Mustang's are ghey, they are only good for high 13's. WTF It's the same old crap man. The funniest thing is the brainiac that posted some crap about, oh yeah well it's a V8 vs only a 4 cyl. Okay smartguy, a N/A V8 vs a Turbo 4 cyl.
why dont you show them what a NA V-8 can do code
Old 02-20-2006, 04:22 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

Oh my god..... I think a little part of me just died..... Who in their right mind would say something like "well, it just barely won, but it had a whole freaking novel of mods." Do those people actually believe there is shame in beating somebody because you have more mods? OF COURSE the mustang has alot of mods. GTs are not nearly as fast as STis in stock form. Its a well known fact. Do they flame vette drivers when their little sti gets eaten alive? If you are going to street race, it has nothing to do with what the car was stock. You can take any car out there and with enough work and money put it ahead of everyone. ****, if it takes 8k worth of mods to kill a STi, then IN YOUR FACE subaru drivers. Besides that, a simple 3k supercharger will let you dominate an STi, and still for less than the cost of a same year STi would be. an 04 GT blue books at 19k, the 04 STi, just over 28k. That give any GT driver at least 9k worth of mods before the STi guys can bitch.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:56 PM
codyss

I myself looked at a STi and laughed at the MSRP but why bring up price?

The STi comes with better brakes, seats, wheels/tires and AWD. The brakes, seats and wheel/tire combo could be upgraded on a GT for what $3,000? The AWD 50% of the price difference.

This little argument does remind me of picking on STi's in my Camaro SS though. When I was stock they could get me by 2 cars off the launch but then I just reeled them in and it was over. From a roll it wasn't even a race.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:02 PM
70 MACH I
3rd Gear Member

I did get challenged by one and ate him alive (STi),oh BTW I wasn't driving my Mustang, I was on a Honda, my CBR 929RR. Best 1/4
10.23 stock, OK, Jardine can, that's all. Some of those guys are wacked, who would even try running a modern sportbike, especially a liter bike with a car, I'll bet a 600 could spank one soundly.
John
Old 02-20-2006, 05:15 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

I thought 600 sport bikes were running high 10s stock. Although I know it is difficult to get the best speed out of a bike, especially with a stock swingarm, so an inexperienced rider from a dig probably wont see that anyway.

Quick Reply: Really pissing them off