4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Is The Engine ruined???

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 01:40 AM
dfault

Default RE: Is The Engine ruined???

if they don't what can i do? What if they replace the oil pump and it drives fine? should i go do a ten minute donut till it pops real good so i can get one? cause the last thing that i want is to have it **** out after the warranty is up!!!
Old 02-23-2006, 01:49 AM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

yeah... you should bi*** until they give you an engine. An oil pump failing, especially at high RPM will definitely cause some problems, if not instantly noticable. That should not have failed, especially at such low milage on a pretty much brand new car. There will be some damage that you may not know about for a while. Any major damage will be a result of that lack of lubrication. Ford had better stand behind their product.

If they don't give you one, just beat the crap out of the current engine until it starts knockin, then go back and tell them they F'ed it. If it blows that works too.

George

Old 02-23-2006, 01:57 AM
dfault

Will do. Definately need to get the "beating" of the engine on camera
Old 02-23-2006, 02:04 AM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

haha... see if you can capture the moment it goes boom.... lol

I hope they give you one though... because if they don't and make you use the engine that is a ticking time bomb, you could go to take a trip and get stranded in timbucktou....

George
Old 02-23-2006, 02:07 AM
dfault

Im calling them tomorrow and going postal and it will be fun, i will pull the dont wanna get stranded. they woudln't give me a rental until i told them that they would have to pick me up from school and work and take me home every day
Old 02-23-2006, 02:12 AM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

haha yeah... dude that could potentially be a lawsuit if the engine fails as a result of them not replacing it...

I think you will get taken care of. Your car is BRAND NEW so it should go fine. What you will want to try is not be an a** hole, just be firm and state all your points for needing the new engine, and do not back down or let them try to convince you otherwise.

George
Old 02-23-2006, 02:15 AM
dfault

They are good at smooth talking bad thigns into being stuff thats no big deal, and making me leave there with a false sense of security knowing my engine is fine then when the warranty is up it craps out and costs me a billion dollars and they laugh and pocket money. I'm not good at being firm but not an *******. lol weird but if they dont fix it think i should go to a different dealership?
Old 02-23-2006, 02:31 AM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

yeah. Or what you could do rather than burn all your gas driving around is call the Ford corporate office, and bitch to the big wigs. Usually I've heard people tell me this is how you get serious stuff done.

Anyway man good luck, just do not let them screw you, YOU NEED AND DESERVE A FRESH ENGINE...

I have to hit the hay, got school tomorrow... peace!!
Old 02-23-2006, 03:27 PM
70 MACH I
3rd Gear Member

Funny thing, My friend has an '97 Expedition With a 4.6 His wife got in a frontender with it and punctured the oil filter, (on an Expo it is mounted on the end of the frame rail behind the bumper) she called him on the cell and he came to the accident site. It was 7 minutes from his house to the accident site, he arrived the Expo was running with a huge puddle of oil under it. Bottom line, he has put 30K miles on that truck since the incident, I tuned it for him, I tell you it runs mint. So, it may be fine, these engines are pretty rugged.
John
Old 02-23-2006, 03:39 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

ORIGINAL: monkeydude3

the noise could be the lifters running without oil...
[&:]

Quick Reply: Is The Engine ruined???