MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion-88/)
-   -   Mach 1 Vs. Gt (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion/181235-mach-1-vs-gt.html)

SVTBill 09-17-2006 06:47 PM

Mach 1 Vs. Gt

Sorry to post just to ask a question, but....I'm 18 and im woder if i should get a GT or go for more money and get a mach 1 with a better motor. I plan on putting a small blower on whatever i get. I herd the mach 1s have forged pistions but regular gt rods. If you get an auto mach 1 i herd nothing is forged so thats bad for forced inducion right? I think i want auto cuz itll be a daily driver in med-heavy traffic. 5-Speed is more fun, but is it worth the shifting during everyday? Oh, im not very good at driving a standard and i want to get the car within the next 2 weeks or so. I just want to be able to beat a good 85% or so of the cars i pull up to at lights. (i save it for the track...just want to be ABLE to beat them). So what does everyone think? Is the 2 valve single cam 250 or so hp engine good enough or is it worth it for the standard mach 1? my budget is around 19k after mods. I'm looking into the new edge body style...Anyone's post will help me a lot. THANKS![X(]

andrewclark 09-17-2006 06:57 PM

RE: Mach 1 Vs. Gt

deff. get a mach over a gt. it will take a lot of money to make a gt beat 85% of the cars on the road. i dont know if you can get a mach and put a blower on it and not spend over $19, unless its a high mileage car. the gt's are still a fast car dont get me wrong, but, there are suv's and 6cylnders that give me trouble. plus i havent seen a lot of machs around here, but a lot of gt's.

mustangGTdude1031 09-17-2006 06:59 PM

Since your 18, I would honestly go for the GT. You'l save more on insurance and on payments. And since you are leaning towards an auto, the GT just seems to be the better choice. All you need is a high stall tq and a shift kit and you'll beet any manual out there. Many on here will tell you to go for the Mach. I'm not saying not to. But unless your wallet is that deep, I'm just trying to push you into the more logical direction. And if you are wanting a "small blower", then FI really isnt necassary. the GT can handle up to about 8 psi with stock everything. I dont think you would want to go much higher than that anyways since its gonna be a daily driver. Plus the money that you save from geting the gt will be able to go towards a blower, and then you'll be spankin most stock- mildoly modded mach's/ pre03 cobras. Good luck man.

randy78045 09-17-2006 07:07 PM

ORIGINAL: andrewclark

deff. get a mach over a gt. it will take a lot of money to make a gt beat 85% of the cars on the road. i dont know if you can get a mach and put a blower on it and not spend over $19, unless its a high mileage car. the gt's are still a fast car dont get me wrong, but, there are suv's and 6cylnders that give me trouble. plus i havent seen a lot of machs around here, but a lot of gt's.
That's called the driver mod andy... [8D]

In response to the question, go for the GT... an blower of course... ;)

mustangGTdude1031 09-17-2006 07:08 PM

ORIGINAL: randy78045

Bing to the O!! lol

ponypone 09-17-2006 07:10 PM

Mach 1 is the more powerful, but finance wise the gt would be a better bet. i don't know about 19k after mods though. totally stock an 03 mach 1 with 40-45k miles is probably going for 15-16k.

SVTBill 09-17-2006 07:10 PM

Hey, thanks for your input guys. I was talking to someone last night about those shift kits. Does anyone know any good brands or prices for them? I mean, i know if i pull up to a ls2 vette or something like that, im not even going to put my foot into it at all; ill be as quiet as possible :P. Its just those dang turbo charged ricers that are pusin like 280 horse power...4 cyl cars shouldnt be able to take mustangs hahaha. [8D]

andrewclark 09-17-2006 07:13 PM

ORIGINAL: randy78045

so if u were driving my car u could be a 5.0liter 300hp ml5oo benz? i dont think so. i didnt get stomped, but he beat me fair and square

mustangGTdude1031 09-17-2006 07:15 PM

ORIGINAL: SVTBill

Hey, thanks for your input guys. I was talking to someone last night about those shift kits. Does anyone know any good brands or prices for them? I mean, i know if i pull up to a ls2 vette or something like that, im not even going to put my foot into it at all; ill be as quiet as possible :P. Its just those dang turbo charged ricers that are pusin like 280 horse power...4 cyl cars shouldnt be able to take mustangs hahaha. [8D]
Transgo FTW!! Ebay it, you can find em for about 80-100$. And ya, you might need a good bit of work beat an ls2, but it is certainly obtainable.

randy78045 09-17-2006 07:17 PM

ORIGINAL: mustangGTdude1031

ORIGINAL: SVTBill

Transgo FTW!! Ebay it, you can find em for about 80-100$. And ya, you might need a good bit of work beat an ls2, but it is certainly obtainable.
If andy isnt drivin... [8D]

:D:D