4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

OFFICIAL MUSTANG CRASH THREAD.........

Old 02-04-2007, 03:17 AM
Zanador
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: OFFICIAL MUSTANG CRASH THREAD.........

I think the biggest problem is not people driving their mustangs in the winter, but more just simply not adjusting enough for the conditions. Thankfully I havent gotten stuck in the snow yet with the Mustang(New Jersey and we have yet to have any snow stick yet in Feb, its insanity). But I know when I had my '91 v6 Firebird with summer tires and no weight in the back stuck in a snowstorm, I basically had a really expensive bobsled. And that was a POS torque wise. Get those tires, and tons of, and drive like a granny, its the best way to keep those ponies happy!
Old 02-04-2007, 03:29 AM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sxynerd

I don't know whats worse, them wrecking there stangs or the fact that I know what Gino means?! And thats not even close to what I am! lol
i think gino is his name.. idk...
Old 02-04-2007, 08:41 AM
smokeygremlin

sorry no crashes this year i bought a stupid honda for the snow!! actually 1 crash lol not my fault though
Old 02-04-2007, 11:38 AM
BlackMustang02GT
4th Gear Member

lol Im Gino and thanks Ryan , but hey look it worked its a sticky now!! guys listen to this, most of you are all saying that you can afford a winter beater... now you all go out and buy an expensive mustang and mod it, now your telling me all of your mods arnt worth 500 bucks? cmon a winter beater im pretty sure as far as im concerned isnt worth 200 dollars, so instead of getting that next throttle body and plenum why not invest in a stupid old car that gets you from point A to point B with a ****load of smoke coming out the back? and as for that even your insurance will drop if you put yourself first driver on the winter mod and then second on your mustang!! think of you life first then what your car needs to hit 12's in the 1/4 mile...
Old 02-04-2007, 12:09 PM
justingt
3rd Gear Member

Dont think I'll be gettin in any accidents...she's tucked away safely in the garage with the other one. Now I'm drivinga mercury mariner AWD V6 it's actually decently fast too for what it is
Old 02-04-2007, 02:24 PM
DaGTKing46
1st Gear Member

i love the snow n ice in the winter but i switch my tired to all year so i get better traction
Old 02-04-2007, 03:40 PM
BlackMustang02GT
4th Gear Member

i think your better off getting winter tires since our stangs dont handle too well with the snow.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:24 PM
coptzr_steeda
1st Gear Member

it was a write off, but i bought it back, it is just about fixed

Old 02-04-2007, 07:30 PM
qbuswell
2nd Gear Member

This is my 3rd witer with my daily driver 01 GT and I get around better than most fwd cars. I kept my factory GT Bullitt 17" rims and put on 245/45/17 Bridgestone Blizzak tires.......and I am absolutly impressed with the snow and ice traction. It is out of this world. Mixed with comon sense driving I can get around better than ANY 2WD vehicle with normal tires. I recomend to all of you like me that can't aford a 2nd auto for the winter to do what I did.......I live in iowa so the tires are worth it($800 or more)
Old 02-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BlackMustang02GT

lol Im Gino and thanks Ryan , but hey look it worked its a sticky now!! guys listen to this, most of you are all saying that you can afford a winter beater... now you all go out and buy an expensive mustang and mod it, now your telling me all of your mods arnt worth 500 bucks? cmon a winter beater im pretty sure as far as im concerned isnt worth 200 dollars, so instead of getting that next throttle body and plenum why not invest in a stupid old car that gets you from point A to point B with a ****load of smoke coming out the back? and as for that even your insurance will drop if you put yourself first driver on the winter mod and then second on your mustang!! think of you life first then what your car needs to hit 12's in the 1/4 mile...
I'm soorry about that... I didn't exactly catch that was your name! For the future besides a name "gino" also is another name for "french/canadian raver posers"! haha lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OFFICIAL MUSTANG CRASH THREAD.........