4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Horsepower ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 03:03 PM
stanggt99
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Horsepower ?

If your going nitrous, you better do something to beef the motor up, But if you go s/c you can get away with a few bolt ons.
Nitrous is HARD on the stock motor!
Old 05-20-2007, 06:59 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: dmustanggt

me, nitrous fan, low cost- plenty of hp... like $600=100+ hp cant beat that.
s/c puts the same stress on engine than nitrous. diff is that s/c is putting all that stress on eng. all the time, nitrous only when you push the pedal. plus nitrous you have all that power all the way trough the rpm band, s/c will get that hp trough the band.
conclusion:

450hp s/c car V.S. 450hp nitrous car......

nitrous wins.......[sm=gears.gif]

Until your bottle runs out
Old 05-20-2007, 07:13 PM
svt_97cobra
I ♥ Acer

s/c puts the same stress on engine than nitrous. diff is that s/c is putting all that stress on eng. all the time, nitrous only when you push the pedal. plus nitrous you have all that power all the way trough the rpm band, s/c will get that hp trough the band.
conclusion:

[hr]

Lets not even get started on the nitrous vs. S/C war. S/C will always be better, and plus they are safer than nitrous. How the H3ll is a supercharger always putting stress on an engine? I can name MAny of cars that come from the factory with a S/C or T/C with a warranty, how many cars can you name that came from the factory with Nitrous and a warranty? If you spend 3500 bucks on a S/C its there anytime you need it, you spend 600 bucks on nitrous, you will have to refill the bottle and soon all the refills will add up over the cost of a S/C, plus you will be replacing your block if you use that muchnitrous.
Supercharger= Good power, always there when needed
Nitrous=[:'(]

about the 450hp S/C vs. 450hp nirtous car = nitrous car wins.... Thats a bunch of bull ****.
My uncle had a92 coupestock with a c-4 trans 4:10 gear, and a 175 shot of nitrous that kicks in at full throttle and his friend had a 93 fox body with a c-4 trans 4:10 gear and a powerdyne S/C. They both had M/T slicks and went to our local track and lined up next to each other, with my uncles car having a 4k stall and his friend with a 3500 stall. And when they took off my uncle jumped him out the hole about a half car and my uncles friend pulled past him and beat him. They raced twice, then switchedcars( my unclegot in his friends car and his friend got in my uncles)they race... Same results.My uncle ran in the 7.90's and his friend ran in the 7.60's(in the 1/8). My uncle was pissed, the next couple days they went and had their cars dynoed and my uncles nitrous car dynoed at 345hp to the wheels and his friends dynoed at 315hp to the wheels.

conclusion:
315hp S/C car vs. 345hp Nitrous Car = Supercharged car wins
Old 05-20-2007, 07:18 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: svt_97cobra

conclusion:

[hr]

Lets not even get started on the nitrous vs. S/C war. S/C will always be better, and plus they are safer than nitrous. How the H3ll is a supercharger always putting stress on an engine? I can name MAny of cars that come from the factory with a S/C or T/C with a warranty, how many cars can you name that came from the factory with Nitrous and a warranty? If you spend 3500 bucks on a S/C its there anytime you need it, you spend 600 bucks on nitrous, you will have to refill the bottle and soon all the refills will add up over the cost of a S/C, plus you will be replacing your block if you use that muchnitrous.
Im with him on this one S/C> N20 all day long
Old 05-20-2007, 09:19 PM
dmustanggt
2nd Gear Member

well, while i get my income tax money for a s/c, nitrous is a good way to kill some/get good track times, 100 shot with tune and plugs (without getting spray happy) should be safe, plus a 125 shot will take a stock new edge to mid 12's, we know that
Old 05-20-2007, 09:23 PM
svt_97cobra
I ♥ Acer

well, while i get my income tax money for a s/c, nitrous is a good way to kill some/get good track times, 100 shot with tune and plugs (without getting spray happy) should be safe, plus a 125 shot will take a stock new edge to mid 12's, we know that
[hr]

yea man, I dont have anything against nitrous, but I think nitrous is bad for the engine and wouldnt recommend using it for a long period of time, and I think s/c outperforms nitrous. But Be sure to post some pics once you buy and install that s/c
Old 05-20-2007, 09:33 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

conclusion:

[hr]

about the 450hp S/C vs. 450hp nirtous car = nitrous car wins.... Thats a bunch of bull ****.
My uncle had a92 coupestock with a c-4 trans 4:10 gear, and a 175 shot of nitrous that kicks in at full throttle and his friend had a 93 fox body with a c-4 trans 4:10 gear and a powerdyne S/C. They both had M/T slicks and went to our local track and lined up next to each other, with my uncles car having a 4k stall and his friend with a 3500 stall. And when they took off my uncle jumped him out the hole about a half car and my uncles friend pulled past him and beat him. They raced twice, then switchedcars( my unclegot in his friends car and his friend got in my uncles)they race... Same results.My uncle ran in the 7.90's and his friend ran in the 7.60's(in the 1/8). My uncle was pissed, the next couple days they went and had their cars dynoed and my uncles nitrous car dynoed at 345hp to the wheels and his friends dynoed at 315hp to the wheels.

conclusion:
175HP shot and he only dynoed 345?
Old 05-20-2007, 09:40 PM
8banger
4th Gear Member

LOL....so will a Vortech V2 SQ setup ....even with a ****zy vortech chip tune....I chose S/C only because I like to push the load pedal alittle 2 much and filling up the bottle all the time would be 2 time consuming...
Old 05-20-2007, 10:06 PM
svt_97cobra
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: code3GT

conclusion:

[hr]

conclusion:
175HP shot and he only dynoed 345?
[hr]

It was somewhere around that, It was around a 30-35rwhp diff between the two. Stock 5.0's come with 215hp to the flywheel i believe. If you added the 175 shot that would be like 390hp but thats not accurate hp numbers sinse where mixin flywheel hp with rwhp. But the hp wasnt exactly 345hp give or take, but it was around that.