MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion-88/)
-   -   first time at the tracks with the stang...#s (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion/304845-first-time-at-the-tracks-with-the-stang-s.html)

Gar4pt6 06-16-2007 02:27 AM

first time at the tracks with the stang...#s

sooo...i drive a mustang with a saleen kit and a boat anchor for a motor....redicules how slow it is...im at 2500 ft elevation and my times sucked ass...my first two runs were my best before the tires got warm...15.3 @ 94 i believe...i was running the piss out of it...launching well...and nailing the gears...the times are discusting...i think the problem has somethin to do with the prochamber i just put on...dont have the mils yet so the check engine light it on...does this effect performance??? also i got new tires today and i forgot to check the pressures after they were mounted so who knows what they are at they could be at 40 psi...this is prolly why i was having some taction issues after the tires got hot (kumho MXs)...anyway my car is a slow POS and im pissed at it right now...f/i is needed

breagles 06-16-2007 02:41 AM

RE: first time at the tracks with the stang...#s

Those #'s are correct . When I went to the track N/A stangs were running 15's all night . My best time ever was an 11.9 and I'm on a built , cammed supercharged motor . Some people just lie about running 13's with bolt ons just because texas Hot Rods has a N/A stang that will do it . So don't be discouraged that is still fast . If you want to feel better go and kick the sh!t out of some imports .

Gar4pt6 06-16-2007 02:44 AM

ORIGINAL: breagles

Those #'s are correct . When I went to the track N/A stangs were running 15's all night . My best time ever was an 11.9 and I'm on a built , cammed supercharged motor . Some people just lie about running 13's with bolt ons just because texas Hot Rods has a N/A stang that will do it . So don't be discouraged that is still fast . If you want to feel better go and kick the sh!t out of some imports .
i know the numbers were pretty accurate and thats what pisses me off...i should shoot it and put it out of its 15 second misery

2k1gt 06-16-2007 03:08 AM

My auto ran 14.0 my first time at the track. You should easily be in the 14s.

01GT4.6 06-16-2007 03:26 AM

:rolleyes: when my car was stock (all the way down to the paper filter, just as it came from ford)I ran a high 13's. Not trying to sound like a prick but breagles if I ran what you runwith those mods Iwould be afraid to tell people I had all those mods. So for what you are saying: those #'s are not correct. 11.9's is pathetic with your mods. People who feel that others have to lie about running 13's need to learn how to drive. 15's is not fast no matter how you look at it. I usually don't come acrossed like this as many know me but everything you just said is total bs.
ON EDIT: Yes his #'s are correct because the time slip says so but are far from normal and miles from where they should be.
BTW breagles when my car had ~130 less hp than you I ran about what you run at only 2 mph slower. 500hp is good for a 10 with an average - good driver with the right setup. Good drivers can get in the 10's with 460-480hp

slow99GT 06-16-2007 03:31 AM

14.2 my first time at the track.. it took me quite a few runs to get there though..

POISND U 06-16-2007 04:11 AM

Let's try to remember you lose 10 to 15 hp for every thousand feet of elevation and all, but you should have been deep into 14s. Something iswrong....

01GT4.6 06-16-2007 04:18 AM

correcting it to sealevel would be a 14.86 @ 96.7 which is still way off the mark.

ORIGINAL: POISND U

Let's try to remember you lose 10 to 15 hp for every thousand feet of elevation and all, but you should have been deep into 14s. Something iswrong....

POISND U 06-16-2007 04:49 AM

That's what I said. Something's wrong.

BleedinBlue 06-16-2007 06:14 AM

Some people just lie about running 13's with bolt ons just because texas Hot Rods has a N/A stang that will do it .
Dear God please not this BS again.

Something is wrong with your car, that is unless you were just roasting them off the line. Post up your full slips so that the track gurus can diagnose you.