4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Where can I get me some VHT?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 12:36 PM
8banger
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Where can I get me some VHT?

ORIGINAL: mylongvictor

So say for me for example..... I'm at the track and Iswap out street tires and throw my slicks on.... Should I spray and wipe on the Slicks before, or after I put them on the car?

And I'm guess Wiping it on the tires is better then just spraying it on there? (I'm trying hard not to get my hands dirty! lol)
I'd coat the 48 hours before going to the track....and when at the track...just slap the slicks on(no reason to wipe it on at the track)...If you had extra help....you could get a sprayer and have someone spray the track before you roll into the beams and after you did the burnout.....someof the NMRA guys do that but my tracks wont let it for the reg guy...
Old 09-02-2007, 12:38 PM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8banger

ORIGINAL: contentsunderpressur

ORIGINAL: JD1969

Your track lets you spray your own VHT? I have never seen a track do that.
Hahaha, if you want VHT at our track you have to bring it yourself. We put it in coke bottles and punch a small hole in the cap. The first run it works great but the traction seems to dye down the more you run. I'll ask my buddie where he gets it and if someone hasn't given you an answer by tonight I'll let you know.

Coolies! Thanks!

Also if you can ask, is it in a powder form and he has to mix it up with water? Or is it already pre-mixed liquid?
Jegs sells it ,,,,but you dont have any local speed shops around?You dont have to spray it on the tires @ the track...it also restores old worn tires that have lost they stickyness.....I had old set of goodyears 33x16x15 and coated them with a roller 3 coats let dry inbetween in the sun..wait 24 hours to run....soaks right in and makes them sticky!!!!!@ the track....I went from high 1.20's 60 to a 1.15 the next week....

Liquid Gallon jug...
WOW, what the heck do you have runnin a 1.15 60 ft? We've got 1800 hp pro mods not running those 60s at my track!
Old 09-02-2007, 12:38 PM
8banger
4th Gear Member

I did find this online ...could try it this way....

VHT TrackBite is an adhesive type traction compound that does not soften tires. Apply to tiresAND to the track or street for maximum traction. Normally VHT TrackBite is poured in front of the drive tires at the starting line. It will not harm concrete or asphalt surfaces and is NHRA and IHRA approved. Pour in front of the starting line and do a light burnout, back up putting the drive tyres into the TrackBite. It is biodegradable when dry and will not wash off with water. All NHRA and IHRA races are run on VHT TrackBite. Many pro racers coat their tyres prior to entering the starting line for increased traction and performance.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:41 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

I did find this online ...could try it this way....

VHT TrackBite is an adhesive type traction compound that does not soften tires. Apply to tiresAND to the track or street for maximum traction. Normally VHT TrackBite is poured in front of the drive tires at the starting line. It will not harm concrete or asphalt surfaces and is NHRA and IHRA approved. Pour in front of the starting line and do a light burnout, back up putting the drive tyres into the TrackBite. It is biodegradable when dry and will not wash off with water. All NHRA and IHRA races are run on VHT TrackBite. Many pro racers coat their tyres prior to entering the starting line for increased traction and performance.
Again thats if the track guys will let a Joe Racer and his Joe Pit Crew do that.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:44 PM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

Every track I've ever been to used VHT to prep the track with. I don't think they would care at all if you put some down that you bought. It would probably make them happy.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:48 PM
8banger
4th Gear Member

I've had a few R.E.D's Rear Engine Dragters..Actaully I've had a **** load of race cars over my 15 year career........(434 SBC on alcohol)This one is the actual one I used the trackbite on for the first time.....It was an ol top alcohol car..I got fat and couldn't fit in the 18.5 shoulder cage,,so I dumped it for another one...

Old 09-02-2007, 12:55 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

I've had a few R.E.D's Rear Engine Dragters..Actaully I've had a **** load of race cars over my 15 year career........(434 SBC on alcohol)This one is the actual one I used the trackbite on for the first time.....It was an ol top alcohol car..I got fat and couldn't fit in the 18.5 shoulder cage,,so I dumped it for another one...

So this is your day job????? Must be nice........I wish I had that job....

I new I should have went to ITT instead of the army lol
Old 09-02-2007, 12:56 PM
8banger
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: contentsunderpressur

Every track I've ever been to used VHT to prep the track with. I don't think they would care at all if you put some down that you bought. It would probably make them happy.
My local tracks its mostly due to insurance reasons(so they tell me)...andpersonal associated with you car..aren't allowedpassed the burnout ...Unless you special like NHRA folk orNMRA or someone testing a pro stock of some ****....I agree it wouldn hurt for themto let ya..AND most the time the tracks prep it with VHT anyway at the start of the brackets...but not for every car...
Old 09-02-2007, 01:01 PM
8banger
4th Gear Member

I'm a Mechanic by day(sucks) andUSE to be a full time racer ...But 4 kids ,,huge morgage and slow business forced me to cut the fat....I ran Super Comp(8.90) for a few years,,then super gas(9.90) for aseveral years andsuper street(10.90)..and of course Brackets...
Old 09-02-2007, 01:04 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

I'm a Mechanic by day(sucks) andUSE to be a full time racer ...But 4 kids ,,huge morgage and slow business forced me to cut the fat....I ran Super Comp(8.90) for a few years,,then super gas(9.90) for aseveral years andsuper street(10.90)..and of course Brackets...

So.... this is a stupid question.... but its a survey that I am actually doing for my Intro toStats Class..........

When you did race for a living..... Did you Enjoy going to work...
a) All the time? Wouldn't trade for anything else!
b) Most of the time?
c) Some of the time?
d) Hated your job! Would find excuses not to go!

Quick Reply: Where can I get me some VHT?