4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Where can I get me some VHT?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 11:05 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Default Where can I get me some VHT?

Anyone know of any stores like Napa, or Autozone, that sells VHT? That sticky stuff they spray up on the field? I have two manuel hand pressure pumps that are sitting around in the house and I'm thinking of filling them up and having on hand VHT to spray incase me or another car needs the extra traction on the track.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:09 AM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Default RE: Where can I get me some VHT?

Your track lets you spray your own VHT? I have never seen a track do that.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:13 AM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JD1969

Hahaha, if you want VHT at our track you have to bring it yourself. We put it in coke bottles and punch a small hole in the cap. The first run it works great but the traction seems to dye down the more you run. I'll ask my buddie where he gets it and if someone hasn't given you an answer by tonight I'll let you know.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:18 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: contentsunderpressur

Hahaha, if you want VHT at our track you have to bring it yourself. We put it in coke bottles and punch a small hole in the cap. The first run it works great but the traction seems to dye down the more you run. I'll ask my buddie where he gets it and if someone hasn't given you an answer by tonight I'll let you know.

Coolies! Thanks!

Also if you can ask, is it in a powder form and he has to mix it up with water? Or is it already pre-mixed liquid?
Old 09-02-2007, 11:20 AM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

Ok I'll ask. I'm pretty sure it was already in the liquid form. It come in a one gallon jug. Smells great too.lol
Old 09-02-2007, 11:23 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Ok I'll ask. I'm pretty sure it was already in the liquid form. It come in a one gallon jug. Smells great too.lol
Hell yea it smells great! I wonder if it works on regular paved street roads tooo..... hmmmm......[8D]lol. SAY NO TO STREET RACING!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2007, 11:24 AM
8banger
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mylongvictor

Coolies! Thanks!

Also if you can ask, is it in a powder form and he has to mix it up with water? Or is it already pre-mixed liquid?
Jegs sells it ,,,,but you dont have any local speed shops around?You dont have to spray it on the tires @ the track...it also restores old worn tires that have lost they stickyness.....I had old set of goodyears 33x16x15 and coated them with a roller 3 coats let dry inbetween in the sun..wait 24 hours to run....soaks right in and makes them sticky!!!!!@ the track....I went from high 1.20's 60 to a 1.15 the next week....

Liquid Gallon jug...
Old 09-02-2007, 11:28 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8banger

ORIGINAL: mylongvictor

Coolies! Thanks!

Jegs sells it ,,,,but you dont have any local speed shops around?You dont have to spray it on the tires @ the track...it also restores old worn tires that have lost they stickyness.....I had old set of goodyears 33x16x15 and coated them with a roller 3 coats let dry inbetween in the sun..wait 24 hours to run....soaks right in and makes them sticky!!!!!@ the track....I went from high 1.20's 60 to a 1.15 the next week....

Liquid Gallon jug...
I don't have a Jegs here.....
Old 09-02-2007, 11:34 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Wow... never mind.... I found it....
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...10002_51620_-1
Old 09-02-2007, 11:36 AM
8banger
4th Gear Member

Need it asap? order online and recieve in 2 to 3business days....

Quick Reply: Where can I get me some VHT?