MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion-88/)
-   -   Need Advise (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion/351040-need-advise.html)

leglocking101 09-28-2007 02:18 PM

Need Advise

Im about to buy a new clutch for my stang and need to know what it better

So far I have narrowed it down between the Ford Racing King Cobra Clutch and the SPEC stage 1

which of these two is better......and if there is anything else that is better please advise

thanks once again MF

leglocking101 09-28-2007 02:48 PM

RE: Need Advise

hate to be annoying but im about to buy this and need some advise - fast

thanks

trickdriller 09-28-2007 02:50 PM

Have you looked into the Spec clutches? I am getting mine installed as we speak and the shop that I go to swears by them. They recommended the Stage 3 for me and I got to tell you that when I sat in another car that had one, I couldn't tell the difference between that one and a stock clutch for a New Edge Stang. I have also heard of people having problems with King Cobras, but not too many with the Spec. Something to think about.

leglocking101 09-28-2007 02:54 PM

thanks for the advise....im kind of leaning towards the SPEC and prob only get a stage one as I dont see myself ever realy out tourqe'ing it

trickdriller 09-28-2007 03:11 PM

That's an option, but to be honest, I didn't see myself putting a s/c on my car anytime soon. But here I am:D. I'd at the very least get a Stage 2. There's no differenc in the pedal pressure, as all their clutches use the same pressure plate. It might be a good idea to give yourself a little room to grow. Just my suggestion, though.

Sxynerd 09-28-2007 03:22 PM

Just go for the stage 2 and be good till you need it. You can't tell the difference in the Spec.

ssrc76 09-28-2007 04:53 PM

I put a stage 3 in when I replaced mine (bought my car used and the clutch was gone). I love it, although some think its too stiff.

Westicle 09-28-2007 06:28 PM

just got my 01 gt back from Texas hot rods and had a spec 1 put in, and honestly i love it. they swear by spec also, and they're an amazing mustang shop. hope this helps.

97targa 09-28-2007 08:22 PM

ORIGINAL: trickdriller

Have you looked into the Spec clutches? I am getting mine installed as we speak and the shop that I go to swears by them. They recommended the Stage 3 for me and I got to tell you that when I sat in another car that had one, I couldn't tell the difference between that one and a stock clutch for a New Edge Stang. I have also heard of people having problems with King Cobras, but not too many with the Spec. Something to think about.
A stage 3 spec for N/A car? u crazy? Stage 2 at most. The stage 3 you will burn up. It's meant to grab and go, no feathering.

ssrc76 09-29-2007 12:15 AM

I've had mine in for 3 years now, no problem yet. I had planned to S/C it when I put it in, but haven't gotten around to it....