4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

leaning towards a procharger

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 10:41 AM
quitbichyn
2nd Gear Member

Default leaning towards a procharger

so ive decided to save up for a blower and im a lil more than half waythere. ive narrowed it down between a vortech and a procharger and right now im leaning slightly toward procharger p-1sc (i think thats the model). from all the reading ive done on these 2 blowers its pretty much a toss up and ppl prefer one over the other because thats what they have. so far ive put on a mac o/r prochamber, slp lm 1's, and a set of 4.10s. i originally planned to do suspension first, but that can always come after the blower. id like for my next mod to be the blower and it will take a few weeks/months to get it cuz im a college student living on my own with a decent budget. my question is for ppl who have gone down similar routes that i will in the future, what, if any, bolt ons do you ABSOLUTELY recommend before i slap the blower on? ive been thinkin a new tb/plenum might be in order..long tube headers will follow shortly after the blower. i know id like to do a million things to the car but im tryin to be as realistic as possible. now for those of you who have prochargers, what places do you recommend i check out for complete kits preferably new. i know im forgetting a couple of things i wanted to say but ill remember by the time i post next. thanks in advance to all replies
Old 10-11-2007, 10:46 AM
mvr
6th Gear Member

Default RE: leaning towards a procharger

if i were buying a new kit i would get a MPH Mongoose Vortech V2-SQ kit. $3900 witheverything you need including there tune is one of the best deals out there imo.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:53 AM
kura
2nd Gear Member

most would recommend supporting mods before you throw on a power adder

think about forged internals, suspension, stiffening, brakes, transmission, fuel

they're all important for different reasons, just figure which ones you're starting with. if you just want that extra pep then you could just throw on the blower and continue with the mods after that. it's preference really. sorry i'm not giving you the stone opinion you're looking for. just something to think about, though you probably have already.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:54 AM
kura
2nd Gear Member

and prochargers are way cooler
Old 10-11-2007, 02:25 PM
quitbichyn
2nd Gear Member

yea, there will definately be more work done to my car after the blower lol all in all id like to push about 400hp to the ground then after that im not too sure lol but for now thats my goal.i will definately be getting forged internals, long tube headers,new suspension, brakes, etc. also, i was lookin on rpmoutlet.com and they show an upgrade from the p-1sc to the d-1sc...but they didnt explain the benefit of it. they only want $200 more but im not about to fork out another $200 when i dont even know what ill get for that money. they wanted abou 4500 for the complete kit (p-1sc) and with the d-1 it came out to liek 4800. i still have a lil more saving to do before the actual purchase but im just tryin to figure out what MUST be done before the blower. ideally id like to do suspension and forged internals before but the limited budget kicks that back a notch. what do you guys think? is the d-1sc worth the extra $$ ? particularly procharger owners.. what model did you get and what mods did you install before the blower?
Old 10-11-2007, 02:30 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Call me...I am the Texas Hot Rods Rep. on here and will beat ANY price on ProChargers. We are an Authorized ProCharger Dealer. 1-877-50-STANG Ext 103.

Mitch
Old 10-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Rusmisel01GT
5th Gear Member

Since you already have the pro-chamber... I would skip the LT's + new midpipe... too much money for the hassle. (although if money wasnt that big of a deal and you like to work on your car... this is a fun project )

I would definately look into a new TB/plenum... I definately think that would be very helpfull with a blower... when it comes to which blower you want... I cant help you out there.

But you will probably get a tuner with the blower kit and if you dont then most shops with dyno's give dyno deals with tuners around 600-700 bucks... make sure whichever kit you get is complete... I would definately either get with THR or MPH or some mustang smart shop to deal with when it comes to spending as much money as your looking at.

hope this helped.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:35 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

Call me...I am the Texas Hot Rods Rep. on here and will beat ANY price on ProChargers. We are an Authorized ProCharger Dealer. 1-877-50-STANG Ext 103.

Mitch
+1 (look at sig....)
Old 10-11-2007, 06:57 PM
01snake
5th Gear Member

good choice

later you can upgrade to a f1a