4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

I want an auto tranny!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 08:57 PM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

Default I want an auto tranny!!!

I'm sick and tired of having to shift faster than I can think. Does anyone know where I can get an auto that can handle around 600 rwhp? I want one that's got a manual valve body becasue I don't want to change computers. I swaped from a 4.30 gear to a 3.73 but I'm still having to shift super fast. I know I'm loosing time between shifts and the fact that I have to let off the gas to shift opens the bypass letting off all my boost. Any ideas?
Old 12-10-2007, 09:00 PM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: I want an auto tranny!!!

Those low 7's@almost 100mph are quite a test of the rowing skills huh? It's hard, but very few do it well.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:07 PM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

Don't get me wrong, I love driving the standard. It really impresses people to see you bang through the gears that fast and it's a lot of fun. Fact is that we loose time doing it though. Not to mention the fact that if you have it reved up just a little too much off the line the tires go up in smoke. I've seen where these supercharged and turbo cars pick up nearly half a second swaping to an auto because they don't loose all there boost and have to build it back up.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:08 PM
Fobra
Banned

c-4, id go with a c-6, but its more work.. but youll never break the c-6

if your wantin to get into serious drag, auto is a must
Old 12-10-2007, 09:11 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: contentsunderpressur

Don't get me wrong, I love driving the standard. It really impresses people to see you bang through the gears that fast and it's a lot of fun. Fact is that we loose time doing it though. Not to mention the fact that if you have it reved up just a little too much off the line the tires go up in smoke. I've seen where these supercharged and turbo cars pick up nearly half a second swaping to an auto because they don't loose all there boost and have to build it back up.
powershift FTW
Old 12-10-2007, 09:13 PM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

Where can I get one?

O and ZW, my car runs 97 mph in the 1/8th. Yea, it's a lot of shifting to get that fast in that short of distance. You really have to antisipate the next shift or you'll over rev before you know it.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:14 PM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: H0SS302

ORIGINAL: contentsunderpressur

powershift FTW
Haha, interesting solution but with 500+ rwhp it wouldn't last long at all.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:15 PM
Fobra
Banned

they have great deals on high hp c-4 / c-6 builds on ebay, the bell housing for the c-4 is common, the one for the c-6 is harder to find, but its been done
Old 12-10-2007, 09:16 PM
blstoff
2nd Gear Member

Art Carr....http://www.artcarr.com/page/home.acpp
Old 12-10-2007, 09:18 PM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: banned

they have great deals on high hp c-4 / c-6 builds on ebay, the bell housing for the c-4 is common, the one for the c-6 is harder to find, but its been done
I'll check these out. So, to put the c4 against the 4.6 they just simply change out the bellhousing? I wonder if it'll go in with the longtubes?

Quick Reply: I want an auto tranny!!!