4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Bullitt Vs. Bolt on GT

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 12:56 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Bullitt Vs. Bolt on GT

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

ORIGINAL: ben790450

ORIGINAL: 02StangGuy

i know exactly what a built suspension car can do, but a bullit isnt going to come with a sick drag suspension set up from the factory
I know but a bullitt will beat the crap out of you just trying to drive it. GTs and Cobras and Machs feel like cushy caddy's compaired to the bullitt. Ive driven them all many times. I fell in love with it. Im not saying its got a drag setup but itll hang up a moderate bolt on GT. But a full bolt on GT should have one no problem
A stock bullitt should not be beating up on you and it definatly isn't going to launch anything like a bolton gt with aftermarket shocks/struts/springs. All it has is revalved tokios... they arn't even adjustable.

If your riding around in a bullitt thats beating you up its not going to launch hard anyway... if its beating on you it means that the shocks/struts are very stiff and not going to weight transfer well...
+100^^^^^^
I thought Bullits and Machs had the same Tokico shocks and half inch lowering springs anyway? My Mach sure as hell doesn't beat the crap out of me.

And to BlackonBlack, I didn't realize Bullitts were running the same times as Mach 1s

To the OP, a full bolt-on GT has the capability of walking away from a Bullitt.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:23 AM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

For the sake of aguing, a Bullitt IS a bolt on GT if you really think about it. The Bullitt package takes a "stock" GT and gives it a better exhaust, intake manifold, TB, UDP's, springs, shocks, sub-frame connectors, etc. But you do have LT's and an O/R pipe which gives you back a few ponies. In the end it will definitely will be a drivers race. Neither car will blow the others doors off.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:16 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Plain and simple, a "full boltons" GT will walk away from a stock bullitt just like it will from a stock GT.

A stock GT is a DRIVERS RACE to a stock bullitt. The entire thing about the TQ curve is complete and utter BS...

There isn't a SINGLE intake manifold out there that signficantly improves power/TQ on a stock car (at least not that I have seen). The only one that I have seen with dyno testing was MM&FF doing the typhoon, it did increase the TQ by about 10-15 pounds down low, but it is NOT enough to make that big of a difference.

If you take a GT, dyno it, then add the bullitt intake (the only real power difference, catbacks don't make power, hell even aftermarket ones don't let alone a ford one) your going to see about a 5-8 WHP differenece and maybe another 8-10 FT/LBs thru the rev range... not enough to make a big difference.

A standard bullitt will dyno in the 230-240 WHP range. A standard GT with full boltons will dyno in the 260-270 range. 265 WHP > 235 WHP any way you cut it. A lowered suspension and revalved struts/shocks (setup for corner carving more than launch) are not going to make up for a 30 WHP differential.

I dunno what everyone gets all slap happy over the bullitt for. Its a GT with a few boltons that arn't as good as whats available (cheaper) in the aftermarket. In any case, the OPs car should have NO problem outrunning a stock bullitt, assuming that he can drive and the other car doesn't haveevan smithbehind the wheel.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:12 AM
nathansee3
3rd Gear Member

I dont have lowwer control arms or anything, but I have 315 DR's, KYB adjustables, and the bullitt is stock including the tires.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:23 AM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tbirdscwd

For the sake of aguing, a Bullitt IS a bolt on GT if you really think about it. The Bullitt package takes a "stock" GT and gives it a better exhaust, intake manifold, TB, UDP's, springs, shocks, sub-frame connectors, etc. But you do have LT's and an O/R pipe which gives you back a few ponies. In the end it will definitely will be a drivers race. Neither car will blow the others doors off.
it gives it the equivelent of a CAI and a catback. you get a cobra intake, and the kicker here is that cobra guys will swap out their intakes to better ones as well, so you arent getting a "bolton GT" your getting half-way there, so a bolton GT by that logic is half again better. add LT's which the bullit is still sucking through those bendy-straw manifolds and you hardly have a race anymore. even with stock suspension.

the GT stock suspension is pretty good, the bullits may be better, but not noticably, especially for the power the cars are making. I man, I could put a ladder bar system in a miata..... but id never know the difference in my launch.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:31 AM
blackonblacksls
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 01snake

ORIGINAL: blackonblacksls

my bullitt with intake exhuast no tune 3.73 gears trapped 106 and ran low low 13s on bald street tires with the stock wheels all around... i have never seen a bolt on gt run anywhere near that.... and i never once ran into a gt on the street that could hold a candle to my car with similar mods... so i would say no
whats funny is.

the only reason you trapped so high was because you were spinning, on your so called tires that are so bad you mise well just use the rim
dude you are a ****in idiot... how does spinning add trap speed when it is calculated by the amount of time it takes to cross a certain patch of track... if you are spinning you are obviously going to be going to take longer than if you had traction.... care to explain your reasoning?
Old 12-19-2007, 03:48 AM
blackonblacksls
3rd Gear Member

my car did 262 with an xpipe and jlt cai

my car did 250 with bassani headers and a catback added(this is how i ran it at the track)

with a tune it jumped to 270ish

i have been to the 1/4mile 1 time i ran 12 different times

5 times allwith 105 traps and 13.7 being the best,with little gas and the gas light came on halfway through after these runs my buddies were on thier way out after having bad luck so i left aswell, and after filling up at the gas station down the highway i decided to go back

with a full tank i was able to come out of the hole alot harder and get alot more agressive with my shifts... my trap speed never dropped below 106 with a few 13.4 13.5 runs with 2.1 60s...

last few runs of the night dropped to 13.2s when i could get 2.0 60fts.... with my best trap being 106.97

i have a picture of a slip and a picture of the tires aswell
Old 12-19-2007, 03:51 AM
blackonblacksls
3rd Gear Member

in a bullitt... stock seats, struts, shocks, springs, throttlebody, sparkplugs, motor internally and externally was untouched except for the exhuast studs, and the jlt cai... i even had stock wheels and stock sized tires...
Old 12-19-2007, 03:52 AM
blackonblacksls
3rd Gear Member

the day someone comes up with a normal *** gt that has the same results mine did i will admit that bullitts are the same and the manifold does nothing...
Old 12-19-2007, 04:06 AM
MineralGrey
3rd Gear Member

This thread is silly, 5hp and slighty better suspension some how propells bullits into warp speed haaha!

Quick Reply: Bullitt Vs. Bolt on GT