4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

luck *updated -pic-*

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 09:43 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Default RE: luck

ORIGINAL: steve0914

dealership? no matter what they are gonna rape you for everything...i would only go to a dealership to buy it and any warranty work
they only rape on service, which is why i would never let them do service for me...but their bodyshop is cheap, and they always cut me a huge discount and do a great job...plus they back up all of their work and if you are not happy they will redo it....to me thats worth it over some smaller place....i had it appraised at combs collision some little shop, they wanted 2100 to fix it....i walked out for 1750..... i dont think i got raped at all....except the dent in my car damnit
Old 12-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

The longer you wait the less you'll have a chance to prove anything.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:47 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

i picked my car up yesterday afternoon and i left a message about 30 hours after he handed me the keys, i will be there bright and early at 8am when they open the door
Old 12-27-2007, 09:47 PM
steve0914
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 99BlackPonyGT

ORIGINAL: steve0914

dealership? no matter what they are gonna rape you for everything...i would only go to a dealership to buy it and any warranty work
they only rape on service, which is why i would never let them do service for me...but their bodyshop is cheap, and they always cut me a huge discount and do a great job...plus they back up all of their work and if you are not happy they will redo it....to me thats worth it over some smaller place....i had it appraised at combs collision some little shop, they wanted 2100 to fix it....i walked out for 1750..... i dont think i got raped at all....except the dent in my car damnit
fair enough, i just almost got f***ed by a dealership, there was a fake gt that i almost bought, all badges, hood scoop everything, they said they were gonna give it to me for 13k, and i test drove it and it ended up being a 6'er, i was like there is not as much pickup as i have test drove and i popped the hood and was like WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!? so i have a bad taste ibn my mouth about them
Old 12-27-2007, 09:48 PM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mvr

ahhh that sucks, i feel your pain. i had a hit and run last week, now i gotta fix the damage outa my pocket. im not going to report it to the insurance.
why?
Old 12-27-2007, 09:50 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

yea...i will definately agree that there are a lot of dealerships out there that are less than reputable.... the biggest dealership in central ohio is like that....everyone loves this place but the one time i went there they told me 3 times over the phone they could help me, then when i got there i told them the problem and they said they could fix it....had me waiting for 2 hours then told me it wasnt something they can fix....i go out to my car and i had a drop of oil runnind down my front window and i had pink fuzzy **** all over my car....i was so pissed....then i also received a letter in the mail from them saying that my car is no longer qualified for any recall or warranty work, those ******** recorded **** about my car and said it voided warranty work at their dealership....ricart megamall ftl
Old 12-27-2007, 11:17 PM
jrherald420
5th Gear Member

dude that sucks!!! sorry to hear that.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:00 AM
GhostRider02GT
5th Gear Member

they'll probably have your local PDR guy come out and fix it. Small dents and what not can be fixed without paint or body work, I work in PDR
Old 12-28-2007, 05:10 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

ok well i went in today... and they told me they dont think they did it and that it was $265 in damage but that in good faith they would split the cost with me.... that was from the body shop manager...i told him that it wasnt acceptable and asked for his boss and he sent me to the VP of the company.....they agreed to fix the damage for me, ill be dropping it off monday since the tint shop had my car all day today...
Old 12-28-2007, 06:01 PM
tmas99
3rd Gear Member

niice! when every you got higher up and start bitchin... you usually get what you want!!!

Quick Reply: luck *updated -pic-*