4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Anyone with aftermarket seats installed?

Old 12-29-2007, 02:11 PM
Novanutcase
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone with aftermarket seats installed?

I have Corbeaus also but I would do what sxynerd said if all else fails! What kmind of seats did you buy that the brackets don't fit your car?

John
Old 12-29-2007, 02:51 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wisk

ORIGINAL: sxynerd

Sheesh...
What?
I wish I worked at a MS. I would be making custom parts all day long. I've made a few silencers in S&R before I left for Iraq the last time. My entire team had them.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:13 PM
wisk
4th Gear Member

They're Summit Sport seats. Just a cheaper Corbeau knock off I guess. Typical sliders.

And ya it is pretty cool working at a machine shop. A little less stressfull if I wasn't working for my dad, but oh well.

We decided after a very poorly planned mock up that I'll probably just have to weld some flat bar on the corners of the factory seat mount and then measure out and drill my holes for the seat. That would probably get me going well on down the road!
Old 12-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

They're Summit Sport seats. Just a cheaper Corbeau knock off I guess. Typical sliders.

And ya it is pretty cool working at a machine shop. A little less stressfull if I wasn't working for my dad, but oh well.

We decided after a very poorly planned mock up that I'll probably just have to weld some flat bar on the corners of the factory seat mount and then measure out and drill my holes for the seat. That would probably get me going well on down the road!
I did the very same thing to get the Cavalier seat to bolt down in my 72 nova. lol 84 Cavi had some comfortable seats!
Old 12-29-2007, 05:23 PM
wisk
4th Gear Member

I did the very same thing to get the Cavalier seat to bolt down in my 72 nova. lol 84 Cavi had some comfortable seats!
Yeah. I thought I could get away with some flat bar with the holes for the seat and the sliders down the same centerline. Wrong. The mount holes in the seat are on different width than the sliders. Finally noticed all this after my dad and I had already welded up a piece of square tubing with angle iron on the same angles to mount to the floor. Oh well. I really just need to call up the junk yards and maybe come across that driver's manual slider. Flat bar on the corners seems like the easiest way to get this stuff done.

On the machine shop subject.. I'll have to snap some pics sometime of **** I build. All manual lathes and mills. That stuff is so fun, until you f' up a $500 part and have to start over... among other things.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:39 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

I just made pulleys and stuff for my cars. Oh, and little rockets to send the shop mice into outer space. We made a couple 2 stage rockets that we attached parachutes to the mice. Most of them didn't survive "re-entry". One did but for some reason after that he walk in a circle everywhere he went. Lol
Old 12-29-2007, 06:50 PM
wisk
4th Gear Member

I just made pulleys and stuff for my cars. Oh, and little rockets to send the shop mice into outer space. We made a couple 2 stage rockets that we attached parachutes to the mice. Most of them didn't survive "re-entry". One did but for some reason after that he walk in a circle everywhere he went. Lol
Haha thats hilarious. We do all kinds of industrial stuff really, hydrualic cylinders, drivelines, fabrication, etc.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:23 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

We were bored Army guys with unlimited metal...
Old 12-29-2007, 07:32 PM
wisk
4th Gear Member

We were bored Army guys with unlimited metal...
... with nothin better to do..
Old 12-29-2007, 07:35 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

No, with nothing better to do.