4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

wideband air/fuel gauge

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 06:11 PM
ibeeskeef
2nd Gear Member

Default wideband air/fuel gauge

I am putting in a few gauges in the stang and need some help. I have a 3gauge a-pillar and plan on putting a nitrous pressure and fuel pressure gauge inalong with a wideband a/f gauge. I decided on the Autometer C2 gauge for the nitrous and fuel pressure gauges and was going to go with the AEM UEGO gauge for the wideband as I heard really good things about this gauge. Anyway, while surfing around today on rpmoutlet I sawAutometer now has a C2 wideband gauge. It is a little more expensive than the AEM but I would have a matching set for all 3. NowI know the gauge style has nothing to do with the a/f monitoring, but I don't know what autometer uses and if it is any good. Has anyone ever usedtheir widebanda/f gauges and are they worth it or is AEM the way to go?

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/mt.htm#1
Old 12-29-2007, 06:14 PM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: wideband air/fuel gauge

Those look very similar to Innovate's XD-16 with removable faceplates and such. The LC-1 is the best controller on the market. The gauge does nothing but look pretty. lol

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/xd16.php
Old 12-29-2007, 07:02 PM
ibeeskeef
2nd Gear Member

I know the gauge itself is just for looks, but the autometer comes with the wideband sensor so it can be used out of the box. I will not originally hook it to any kind of data logger or anything. I just want to make sure I am running in a good range on the spray. Is it a pretty accurate gauge or should I look elsewhere?
Old 12-29-2007, 09:38 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

Whatever you do, don't buy it from Rpmoutlet
Old 12-29-2007, 09:43 PM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ibeeskeef

I know the gauge itself is just for looks, but the autometer comes with the wideband sensor so it can be used out of the box. I will not originally hook it to any kind of data logger or anything. I just want to make sure I am running in a good range on the spray. Is it a pretty accurate gauge or should I look elsewhere?
Look at the Innovate link I gave you. With the LC-1 package, it comes with the sensor, ready to install. It is said to be the most accurate wideband.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:46 PM
ibeeskeef
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

ORIGINAL: ibeeskeef

Look at the Innovate link I gave you. With the LC-1 package, it comes with the sensor, ready to install. It is said to be the most accurate wideband.
I think you are missing the real questions I have. I am not looking for a datalogger or accurate tuning software. I don't own a dyno or a laptop and I have a shop here I trust to do all of my tuning. I want the gauge simply to monitor real time statistics at the track so when I hit the bottle I can see where my a/f ratio is at the time. This way if I see a problem I can back off before the engine goes boom. The c2 gauge comes with a wideband Bosch O2 sensor. My real question is what kind of accuracy does this sensor produce? I don't want to buy a $300 gauge and sensor when the sensor is not accurate. I can buy the gauge you are suggesting or I can get the AEM and they both are said to be very good but the gauges will not be the same. It sounds picky but Ienter shows with the car andthis is something important to me. So,is theautometer gauge that comes with the sensor accurate at all for what I want to use it for orshould I just go with a better unit and have the gauges not match?

Below is a link on ebay of theautometer gauge I am looking at and it seems to be a pretty good price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUTOM...spagenameZWDVW