4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

New Member--First 'Stang--Pics

Old 12-30-2007, 05:52 PM
DrDeaths01GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New Member--First 'Stang--Pics

ORIGINAL: radjxf

Hey all, new member here, first Mustang. It's an '02 GT Premium, 75k Auto. As soon as I got it I added the following very minor mods: Mach 1 grille delete, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Flowmaster Delta 40 weld-ins, FRPP "B" Springs, air cleaner restrictor delete, Silverstar headlamps, IAC restrictor mod and gas pedal spacer mod. Thanks to the forum FAQ for most of those.
Car started out as a minor wreck, needed front and rear bumper covers and headlight assy's. Rear spoiler is off a similar V6 car. Paintwork by Crossy's Custom Paint (my brother). Turned out pretty good. Now just needs some more power......

A couple of questions, since I am a dumbass and all, What is a IAC restrictor mod, and what is a gas pedal spacer mod???I know I sound dumb, but this is my first stang as well.

Old 12-30-2007, 05:54 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

looks great man! silver stangs FTW!!!! and yeah tht bug will get ya...it got me too (just can't afford most of it haha). well keep up the good work!
Old 12-30-2007, 06:33 PM
radjxf
1st Gear Member

DrDeath: the IAC mod is a restrictor put in the IAC's rubber inlet pipe to reduce air flow to subsequently trick the computer/IAC into dropping the revs upon deceleration. One of the first things I noticed on my stang was "this thing keeps the revs up long after I let off the gas". I think it's original purpose was to burn off any uncombusted fuel upon deceleration, emissions reasons so to speak. I simply used a 29/32" freeze plug with a hole drilled in it stuck into the hose. Credit should go to 'someone' on the forum for this one, not sure who it was.
The gas pedal mod is simply a one inch piece of 'whatever' between the accel pedal and the end of the cable to take out the slack. This mod is in the FAQ, I think you'll have to search for the other.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:40 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

How did the IAC mod affect your driving, being an auto and all? I've thought about doing it but didn't really think it would make much of a difference with an auto.

And you are gonna friggin' love gears and a tune to firm up shifts. Trust me.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:52 PM
radjxf
1st Gear Member

The IAC mod doesn't affect the autos as much as I'd assume it'd affect the manuals. I started with a 3/16" hole, car would fire up and die. I had to keep increasing the hole in 1/32" increments until car started and idled smooth. I went at least two steps up, around 1/4"-9/32". Mind you I'm in MO, it's usually around 35-45*.
These cars definately need something to improve throttle response and shifting points, but that may or may not come later.....
Old 12-30-2007, 06:55 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: radjxf

The IAC mod doesn't affect the autos as much as I'd assume it'd affect the manuals. I started with a 3/16" hole, car would fire up and die. I had to keep increasing the hole in 1/32" increments until car started and idled smooth. I went at least two steps up, around 1/4"-9/32". Mind you I'm in MO, it's usually around 35-45*.
These cars definately need something to improve throttle response and shifting points, but that may or may not come later.....
Me too...
Old 12-30-2007, 07:10 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

Very nice. Silver stangs FTMFW!!
Old 12-30-2007, 07:51 PM
art02gt
3rd Gear Member

Nice car. It would look absolutely awesome with clear corners.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Good looker...
Old 12-30-2007, 08:11 PM
demon_head
4th Gear Member

looks good man

Search this Thread