MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion-88/)
-   -   Check out my new toy! (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion/398524-check-out-my-new-toy.html)

tbirdscwd 01-25-2008 06:05 PM

Check out my new toy!

The old driver in brown left me a nice little present at the door today! I can't wait to start playing around with it!
edit: by the way it's a Sniper Commando Special Forces Tuning package. Complete control of my ECU!!!!!!!!!!!
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...9/CIMG0060.jpg

tbirdscwd 01-25-2008 06:11 PM

RE: Check out my new toy!

sorry double post

02WhiteGTVert 01-25-2008 06:35 PM

Nice,how much do those sniper systems run?

HaneyMotorsport.Com 01-25-2008 06:44 PM

tbird......I seeing that! You should very happy with it, especially since you went with the Commando. If you have any questions, let me know. I am happy to help you with it!

Sniper Tuning Software

Casey

Hoppers04Gt 01-25-2008 06:45 PM

nice

tbirdscwd 01-25-2008 09:13 PM

ORIGINAL: HaneyMotorsport.Com

tbird......I seeing that! You should very happy with it, especially since you went with the Commando. If you have any questions, let me know. I am happy to help you with it!

Sniper Tuning Software

Casey

Thanks!
Oh, my god, I am so happy with this thing already. It took me an hour to completely install the software, save my stock file, make a tune, and load load it to my car. It ran me 639 incl shipping for the Commando kit, but you can get the Special Forces basic kit for a little over 300 bucks. Its so easy its rediculous. The A/F is pretty much dead on without even adjusting anything. If you ever wanted a user friendly way to tune your car yourself, here it is. I can't wait to see how sweet the data logging is.

dtkikols 01-25-2008 10:22 PM

sweet man, im really condidering it \since my speedcal was BUSTED when i got it. at RPM its on sale for $339 right now. its so temping but i wanna return my speedcal and get credit for it before i buy a tuner

Chubstang 01-25-2008 11:01 PM

does anyone want to explain this thing in depth to me? I read the links but it just seems like it would be really easy to screw up the tune and fug something up.

tbirdscwd 01-25-2008 11:13 PM

The software works the same way a predator or SCT dealers software works, it just gives you end user the adjustability. I comes with a flash box which can store up to 5 tunes (6 including your stock one), USB cable, OBDII cable, and all the required software. Basically you install the software on your comp, read the stock tune off your ECU with the flash box, load the stock tune to your PC (it uses this as a starting point), and create as many custom tune files as you want, put up to 5 of them on your flash box, and flash then reflash your ECU. The software is super easy to use. It uses drop down menus and you just select what your car has and it will create a base tune for your car. You can then fine tune it as much as you want even though my first try was pretty dead on. I just got it tonight and am still playing around with it, but I will do a write up soon. The basic Special Forces lets you adjust way more than any handheld, and the Commando Kit is full control of everything in your cars computer. And I haven't used the data logging yet but it looks awesome.

Chubstang 01-25-2008 11:36 PM

ORIGINAL: tbirdscwd

The software works the same way a predator or SCT dealers software works, it just gives you end user the adjustability. I comes with a flash box which can store up to 5 tunes (6 including your stock one), USB cable, OBDII cable, and all the required software. Basically you install the software on your comp, read the stock tune off your ECU with the flash box, load the stock tune to your PC (it uses this as a starting point), and create as many custom tune files as you want, put up to 5 of them on your flash box, and flash then reflash your ECU. The software is super easy to use. It uses drop down menus and you just select what your car has and it will create a base tune for your car. You can then fine tune it as much as you want even though my first try was pretty dead on. I just got it tonight and am still playing around with it, but I will do a write up soon. The basic Special Forces lets you adjust way more than any handheld, and the Commando Kit is full control of everything in your cars computer. And I haven't used the data logging yet but it looks awesome.
I might have to put this on my future mod list then, I was just going to get a dyno tune but I might give this a try instead. Thanks for the info.