4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Time for new shoes...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 10:30 AM
wisk
4th Gear Member

Default Time for new shoes...

Ok, all of you know what my car looks like, God knows I ***** it out enough on here.. but just a reminder...

So I got a local friend who just picked up a Sonic Blue GT and he has chrome 03 Cobra wheels, but wants my black Bullitts and I'm willing to sell them off to him cause its time for some change. Currently I have 18x9 245/40 and 18x10 275/35. I was whole heartedly set on getting 18x9/10 black Saleens but then I got to thinking about how rediculous 18" tires are. Now I'm kinda thinking about black or maybe black chrome 03 Cobras in 17x8 (or 9) and 17x10.5 because those tires are obviously a little cheaper. I might could even spring for a set of Nittos in the back even though I don't ever get into a race with anyone or go to the strip. Hell all I ever see are miles to/from work and a couple out of town trips a month.

Guess what I'm getting to is which would look best, all black Cobras or the black chrome? The few GOOD pictures of black chrome I've seen are in somewhat low light conditions and they just look like regular chrome wheels.

Anthracite, hypersilver, chrome, outta the question.. really looking to just keeping the wheels blackish.

Opinionate away.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:34 AM
00raging stang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Time for new shoes...

i would say black chrome for sure
Old 02-17-2008, 11:03 AM
wisk
4th Gear Member

Think so?
Heres some pics I found of a black Cobra with black chrome. The lighting is pretty bright and its hard to tell that they are black chrome without the super duper close up...

Old 02-17-2008, 11:04 AM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

+1. black chrome FTW

get black chrome FR500's 17x9 up front and 17x10.5 DD in the rear
Old 02-17-2008, 11:06 AM
Blacklabelsociety

where can you buy black chrome cobras?
Old 02-17-2008, 11:11 AM
SHO NO MERCY
4th Gear Member

Those black chrome cobras are sick nasty. I think it contrasts with a black car, but would set off your car. Do they have black chrome gas tank cover? Would really look solid on your car IMO.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:11 AM
wisk
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hpwrestler220

+1. black chrome FTW

get black chrome FR500's 17x9 up front and 17x10.5 DD in the rear
I don't like FR500s.. too spokey and importish for me.

ORIGINAL: Blacklabelsociety

where can you buy black chrome cobras?
AmericanMuscle used to carry them (I think) but not anymore. I found them on StangSuspension and am waiting on their MF rep to PM me the discount code.

Do you guys know if Discount Tire can do any sort of fender rolling with the actual tool so I don't have to beat on my car with a hammer?
Old 02-17-2008, 11:13 AM
wisk
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SHO NO MERCY

Those black chrome cobras are sick nasty. I think it contrasts with a black car, but would set off your car. Do they have black chrome gas tank cover? Would really look solid on your car IMO.
Black chrome gas flap would look sick for sure!
And thats the problem, I have all these black accents and stuff. Just don't know if the black chrome would look sorta out of place?
Old 02-17-2008, 11:24 AM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

IMO... there would be too much clashing ofgreys and blacks that the chromy look of black chrome would reall throw it off. Is it chrome? Is it black? For some reason, it's harder to tell on darker colored cars. However, I'm not particularly fond of the solid black Cobras either. I think they look spray painted black. The only solid black wheels I would get are Saleens, but you don't want 18's.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:47 AM
wisk
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Slicktastyk Matt

IMO... there would be too much clashing ofgreys and blacks that the chromy look of black chrome would reall throw it off. Is it chrome? Is it black? For some reason, it's harder to tell on darker colored cars. However, I'm not particularly fond of the solid black Cobras either. I think they look spray painted black. The only solid black wheels I would get are Saleens, but you don't want 18's.
Yah, its a stupid situation..

Quick Reply: Time for new shoes...