4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

could some one help me out?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 02:18 PM
tws1098
4th Gear Member

Default could some one help me out?

I have been asking numerous ?'s recently about all different possible mods but I guess it really comes down to what would I gain at the track from each thing? I don't really care about hp as long as the car is actually moving quicker (like putting in gears, sticky tires, etc.)

So what would all of "the bolt-ons" yield at the track in terms of time on a 2000 gt? (For an avg. 5 speed driver)

Preferably list the mod and what you would expect it to do, if anything, at the track in terms of time.

BTW if this belongs in Street/strip please move, sorry...I sort of thought about that after i hit post.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:37 PM
josh.davis
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: could some one help me out?

Put some M/T drags radails and with a good launch you should be in the low 13's. After that i would spray the car to put your in the mid 12's. Then I would would call MPH and buy the mongoose kit. Thats the route i am going.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:01 PM
Chubstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: could some one help me out?

Sticky tires, gearswhich you already have on your list, LCA's, exhaust and you might see low more likely mid 13's.