4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Mods that avoid warranty kill

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 11:39 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Default Mods that avoid warranty kill

Just sold A 04 Gt last week to pay for college , Got that done and over with and went on with life. Well the day after I was missing MY stang so Much I went to a dealership and Financed a mustang Nearly identical to the previous, same year and color (Plus the Black leather interior , Mach sound system , Bullit wheels and window tint thrown in from a buddy at the dealership). Its never had a solid owner just some one who leased it , So it has low mileage and is practically new. I got the warranty thrown in for 3 years that covers all mechanical , electrical and maintenance plus some other nice to have stuff , so I know modding allot of the engine and exhaust is out of the question. What kind of performance mods will I be able to throw on there with out voiding the warranty ? anyone have any tips ??? My tax rebate is coming soon and its already burning a whole in my wallet.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:09 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Mods that avoid warranty kill

that doesnt make much sense... but w/e lol.

just mod it and dont worry about it. as long as u dont put a blower on it or nitrous you will be ok in most cases
Old 04-23-2008, 12:16 AM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

lol I know , Ive been hearing that all week but I guess I should just call the service manager and ask ? Not ready for forced induction yet , Im just gonna save for forged internals , complete school , plan and do the wedding thingy and then get a turbo or Sc , . Im looking to throw on the usual bolt ons and give it a little go , better sound and look. My goal with this car is to get to 350 hp and im not in a hurry to get there at all.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:39 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

i have full bolt-ons and my car has been in for warrenty work without a problem
Old 04-23-2008, 12:47 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

i have taken my car in for warranty work before. the way it sits. lol. well it was supercharged and cammed and pull it in that big bay and you can really hear that whine. lol.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:52 AM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

really ? No viods ??? nice ! makes me a bit happier with my buy lol. Kinda shedded some light at the tunnel for me , 3 years is along to wait to mod my car .
Old 04-23-2008, 12:55 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mr Graystang

really ? No viods ??? nice ! makes me a bit happier with my buy lol. Kinda shedded some light at the tunnel for me , 3 years is along to wait to mod my car .

they will only void your warrenty if something happends to the car that they can blame a mod for.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:59 AM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

hey racer are your taillights smoked ? if so howd you tint them ?
Old 04-23-2008, 01:01 AM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: H0SS302

ORIGINAL: Mr Graystang

they will only void your warrenty if something happends to the car that they can blame a mod for.
if thats the case then Ill be safe , most bolt ons cant cause any major damage that I know of. only thing I can think of is If I get gears and they get a nasty install which wouldnt be the case.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:17 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

yea you can do stuff like headers, intake, throttle body/plenum. pretty much all bolt on's without any problems.

Quick Reply: Mods that avoid warranty kill