4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Those that Autocross...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 06:04 PM
RuffCat
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Those that Autocross...

You need to have stock size wheels and tires for your car as it came from the factory. You cannot put on drag radials on all 4 corners as they won't let you run. Say if you have a 2004 GT and put 275'sall around, they would make you run with the next class up which would be Cobra class. You would never keep up. Unfortunately the cars that dominate the autoX races are those faggish foreign cars and dodge neon SRT's. The freakin Miata's do super well also. I watched a Miata with 18" wheels go against a newer Z06 and smoke him! I had to leave....lol
Old 04-28-2008, 11:24 PM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Those that Autocross...

ORIGINAL: mylongvictor

Yea I already got my Front Brakes Upgraded to the Cobra Brakes, but my rears are still stock GT.

And your car is only n/a temporary right? Your Twin Turbo is in the works if I read your post correctly? Or am I thinking of someone else????[&:]
yea, its only n/a for now. i sold the vortech kit for my twin turbo kit. which was suppose to ship last week but you know how that goes. they said they dont have the turbos yet but everything else is ready!!??!!!?? lol