4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

FTP! And the price of a mean looking car! Plus some pics!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 07:19 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Default FTP! And the price of a mean looking car! Plus some pics!

So today I was coming home from Temple Academy Race Way and set the cruise at 70mph in a 70mph zone! Yes I am THAT GUY! Besides it was a congested highway and 90/10 drag struts arn't fit for hard emergency manuevers on the highway. Then a Neon and Colbat SS comes speeding through traffic, the firstbastard didn't even give me time to givehim the fast lane. He whips past me at about 90 mph easy. I speed up to around 75 to get some distance to change lanes and offer up the left lane. The Neon passes me and they both are booking it. I get back into the left lane to pass a Semi when I see a cop pull out from the Opposite highway, cross the median, and flick on his lights. I polietly change lanes and offer the officer a clear shot to persue the two speeders who were still going pretty fast. This ***** gets behind me and has me pull over! I'm like WTF? I'm thinking it may be because my license plate is in the front window but its visable!

He comes to the car, asks the usual questions, license, insurance, then offers a smart remark, "So I see you race, you got some gauges, racing seats, harnesses, you must love going fast huh kid?" I'm like this muthafuka really wants to say something smart? I said that I was just on my way home from a race at the track in Temple. Well I got you going 84 in a 70.... I'm like.... Officer I had my cruise control on and I was not speeding. He then was like, well you obviously have after market wheels and tires, they throw off your speedometer you know.... I'm like.... They are the same diameter, the tire gets thinner as the wheel gets bigger. If anything it throws it off by alittle but I calibrating everything last time she was in the shop!

I asked him ifhe was using LIDAR or Radar, and if it may have mistaken me for the other cars that zipped past me. He didn't give me a straight answer. If he used LIDAR that means he had to have beamed me and I was truely in the wrong. But with regular radar, in congested traffic, it may have been easy to mistaken a car going the opposite direction for speed. The other cars were a Neon and Colbat..... Were I have a big monster of a Hood that says fast car on it. Like singling a muthafuka out because of his car.... WTF!!!!! He sure as hell didn't pace me because he would have diffenetly saw that I was obeying the speed limit.

The guy writes me a ticket, knowing that I deploy to Iraq in less then a month, and tells me to have a nice day..... I respect officers and the law because as Soldiers and Police men, we all serve and risk our lives for the line, but sometimes I just wanna say **** da police! Damn.

Its not the price of the ticket but the whole thing about singling me out because I have a bad *** looking car!!! When the two POS cars get awaywith speeding.I'm actually thinking about ponying up the extra dough just to get a lawyer and go to court. I mean thats just some bull$h!t....

Anyway.... Here some of pics of me N' Tyler after washing our cars.

Old 05-18-2008, 07:32 PM
jrherald420
5th Gear Member

Default RE: FTP! And the price of a mean looking car! Plus some pics!

you should have told him that youll be thinking about him when your protecting his freedom so that he can waste taxpayermoney on bullsh*t tickets and that he needs to be paying more attention doing his job and get the real speeders. id get a lawer and fight it.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Epic91GT
4th Gear Member

you dont have a PBA card or some other form of get out of jail free?

im sorry to hear about ur ****ty luck and i would fight that ****

on a sidenote the cars look amazing
Old 05-18-2008, 07:53 PM
Chris98Gt
3rd Gear Member

Yea I've been pulled over and told I was doin 60 in a 45 when it was clearly a bigass beat up van that flew past me in the other lane. But I'm 20 and in a nice loud mustang, so to hell with the cops around here.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:54 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

damn.. i would be FURIOUS

nice cars though
Old 05-18-2008, 08:30 PM
laserredgt
3rd Gear Member

ugh...that sux...thank god it hasnt happened to me yet..i would have gotten smartass on him so fast
Old 05-18-2008, 08:48 PM
nemo
1st Gear Member

hey man sorryto hear, you really should fight it. I have been in court before but it can go in either way, they look at your record and to see if there are any past offenses. If your clean and see that your a soldier plus you pulled right over with out no hassel, you may get lucky and let u go.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:04 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

FIGHT IT.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:49 PM
DIY
2nd Gear Member

If you are not guilty then you should fight the ticket. Here is some advice that may help you fight the ticket successfully. Most cop cars have video cameras that are automatically activatedwhen the officer turns on the strobe light.The recording mayhave footage ofthe speeding carson it (or your car obeying the speed limit).At the end of the officer 's shift the recordings for that day are removed by the supervisor. You havearight topresent this footage as evidence in court. Since the officerwas unclear in his answer about the radar detector, theresa chance his radar certification (every officer has to have it renewedevery so often) may be expired. A lot of officers will play on the public 's ignorance and continue to issue tickets without a valid certification. Youcan request thathis radar certification be presented in court. Lastly,you shouldbring your timeslips or any other documents you have from the track togive credibilityto your story of speeding only on the track.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:17 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Thanks yall.... Especially DIY about that info. I'm definately going to fight it. I'm calling the attorny's office tommorow to see what I can do. Its the cop that pulled me over is from a small town Police Department that has a notorious record of pulling people over, hence the reason why I don't go fast in that area.

Quick Reply: FTP! And the price of a mean looking car! Plus some pics!