4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Update on the Police Misjudgement....

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 04:09 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Default Update on the Police Misjudgement....

In case yall don't remember or missed out on the post.... here's a recap of what happened last week....

So today I was coming home from Temple Academy Race Way and set the cruise at 70mph in a 70mph zone! Yes I am THAT GUY! Besides it was a congested highway and 90/10 drag struts arn't fit for hard emergency manuevers on the highway. Then a Neon and Colbat SS comes speeding through traffic, the firstbastard didn't even give me time to givehim the fast lane. He whips past me at about 90 mph easy. I speed up to around 75 to get some distance to change lanes and offer up the left lane. The Neon passes me and they both are booking it. I get back into the left lane to pass a Semi when I see a cop pull out from the Opposite highway, cross the median, and flick on his lights. I polietly change lanes and offer the officer a clear shot to persue the two speeders who were still going pretty fast. This ***** gets behind me and has me pull over! I'm like WTF? I'm thinking it may be because my license plate is in the front window but its visable!

He comes to the car, asks the usual questions, license, insurance, then offers a smart remark, "So I see you race, you got some gauges, racing seats, harnesses, you must love going fast huh kid?" I'm like this muthafuka really wants to say something smart? I said that I was just on my way home from a race at the track in Temple. Well I got you going 84 in a 70.... I'm like.... Officer I had my cruise control on and I was not speeding. He then was like, well you obviously have after market wheels and tires, they throw off your speedometer you know.... I'm like.... They are the same diameter, the tire gets thinner as the wheel gets bigger. If anything it throws it off by alittle but I calibrating everything last time she was in the shop!

I asked him ifhe was using LIDAR or Radar, and if it may have mistaken me for the other cars that zipped past me. He didn't give me a straight answer. If he used LIDAR that means he had to have beamed me and I was truely in the wrong. But with regular radar, in congested traffic, it may have been easy to mistaken a car going the opposite direction for speed. The other cars were a Neon and Colbat..... Were I have a big monster of a Hood that says fast car on it. Like singling a muthafuka out because of his car.... WTF!!!!! He sure as hell didn't pace me because he would have diffenetly saw that I was obeying the speed limit.

The guy writes me a ticket, knowing that I deploy to Iraq in less then a month, and tells me to have a nice day..... I respect officers and the law because as Soldiers and Police men, we all serve and risk our lives for the line, but sometimes I just wanna say **** da police! Damn.

Its not the price of the ticket but the whole thing about singling me out because I have a bad *** looking car!!! When the two POS cars get awaywith speeding.I'm actually thinking about ponying up the extra dough just to get a lawyer and go to court. I mean thats just some bull$h!t....
Well I just called the court office and talked to different lawyers..... and check this $h!t out........ I can go to court, contest, and win, and STILL have to pay the court fees which comes up to just as much as the ticket is! What the frack? I mean so I can get written a ticket for doing nothing wrong, go to court and win, and still have to pay the local court office for their mistake????? OMFG.

All the lawyers I talked to all said that I would win easily even without the 700 dollar an hour legal representation.... But still have to pay money to the court. This is what I get for laying blood down on the line? I don't know, just pissed yall. I need a hug.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:11 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Update on the Police Misjudgement....

I would still do it off principle. I know you still have to pay which is ridiculous but at least you don't have the ticket.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:16 PM
crash94
3rd Gear Member

Where in Texas are you?
Old 05-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Eduardo
3rd Gear Member

Damn that sucks hard man, but I agree with amoosenamedhank. Just pay the court fees that way if you ever do get pulled over again(knock on wood) it dosent show up on your record and you get a bad rep. But its always the good guys that get boned.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:20 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Wow... that is seriously ****ing gay.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:22 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: crash94

Where in Texas are you?
Bell County, City of Killeen and Fort Hood
Old 05-23-2008, 04:25 PM
jmstang66
2nd Gear Member

man i hate to hear that...sux
Old 05-23-2008, 04:26 PM
bt1288
3rd Gear Member

Court costs=paying the judges salaries=rip-off.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:29 PM
steve0914
5th Gear Member

no don't contest pay the ticket and be done with it... how much is it?
Old 05-23-2008, 04:35 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: steve0914

no don't contest pay the ticket and be done with it... how much is it?

Cost of Ticket = $175.00

Cost of Court Costs = $175.00

Cost of Ticket w/ Drivers Safety course = $103.00 plus $55.00 for the course.

Quick Reply: Update on the Police Misjudgement....