4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

help - hood pin lanyards *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 03:26 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Default help - hood pin lanyards *pics*

ok well....excuse how dirty the car is, i dont want this to be another thread like the guy with the bullitt lol, despite how nice it looks outside, we had a HUGE thunderstorm this morning so the car got extremely dirty driving to work...

ANYWAYS

hood pins are in, and i installed the lanyards under the screws where the radiator is screwed into the radiator support on the top....the length and everything is alright, the lanyards are a little long though....any way to even them out so they are the same shape or something? they came rolled up and its like theyre stuck in that shape and it looks bad because they arent even on both sides...the length is the same between the bolt and the pin, just the bends make them look bad....anyway to straighten the lanyards out or any ideas on how to not make it look like ****? im considering just removing the lanyards all together and just having the pins....i park in a garage and theres security all over school...nobody at work will mess with the car...so im never in an area that is bad enough to warrant locks so im not worried about that....a lot of guys around here who have them and park outside use master locks instead of the locking pins lol...too lazy to blank out my plate, pretend you didnt see it

Old 06-26-2008, 03:31 PM
josh.davis
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: help - hood pin lanyards *pics*

looks good, but i have a question. when i install my hood pins, can i remove my hood latch b/c i bought a harwood hood and and its a bitch to get closed.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:35 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

this thread is about fixing it, but thanks lol

and yea, i removed the hood latch... 2 or 4 bolts i forget, and i didnt take the cable off, i cut it right by the firewall and pulled out the part from there forward....this is not the final look...the pins are ****ed up, monday they will be getting cut off and new ones installed...im just wondering about the lanyards
Old 06-26-2008, 03:41 PM
josh.davis
3rd Gear Member

sweet thanks for the info............... but they still look good, hope you get everything fiqured out.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:05 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

they look good from that distance....they didnt turn out good at all....somehow managed to mess up the height on them and we welded them....so were gonna cut them off, drill out the holes, and start fresh....gonna weld the nut down this time and then set the pin and adjust it with the locking nut....the way it is now, we set the pin in the hole and didnt weld it down, adjusted it, and then welded the whole thing instead of using locking pins...the weld was bad and broke off and when we went to reweld it somehow we go them flipped...one sits too high the other sits too low....will be fixing it soon *the pins dont sit even heights because my car is slightly buckled from an accident that is was in before i owned it*
Old 06-26-2008, 04:12 PM
35thAnni99GT
3rd Gear Member

No hood latch? So now I know your plate, I have a general idea where you live, and I can just take your pins out and do what I want inside the engine bay including disabling your PATS and jumping the starter solenoid. Sweet!
Old 06-26-2008, 04:14 PM
crash94
3rd Gear Member

I think I have an answer to your ticket problems!

I can see what you're talking about with the lanyards but the car always looks good to me. [8D]
Old 06-26-2008, 04:16 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

i never park outside....anyways....the lanyards are pissing me off...guys, help me out lol.... what if i lay them flat under a piece of wood and park on top of it? or would heating them up work or what? or is there a diff spot to put the lanyards? what about just not using lanyards at all and just making sure to not loose the pins when i take them out

*my hood latch was garbage when used with this hood....didnt set right, had to drop the hood from half way just to close it, and it popped up one me once but not all the way....
Old 06-26-2008, 04:17 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

ORIGINAL: crash94

I think I have an answer to your ticket problems!

I can see what you're talking about with the lanyards but the car always looks good to me. [8D]
thanks lol

and i put those plates on after i lost my license, i was getting tickets before them, maybe a little humor will lighten the cops mood and give me a warning next time
Old 06-26-2008, 04:18 PM
crash94
3rd Gear Member

are they cable with plastic on them?

if so, can you hang them somewhere with a little weight to hold them tight and then put a drop light by them to heat them up to get the kinks out.

Quick Reply: help - hood pin lanyards *pics*