4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Hood Scoop Pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Lombardo05
2nd Gear Member

Default Hood Scoop Pics

i bought the stock gt good scoop for 100 bucks and paid 100 bucks to have it mounted and painted. i have a problem though. the car is a repaint(00 GT vert). i got the scoop painted 2 days ago and it didnt match perfectly in the sunlight (in theshade it was perfect). it got repainted today (no extra charge) and it looks perfect in the sun and not in the shade.

idk what to do???? i dont even have the paint code for the car. the paint guy said that its an 02 mustang paint bc he did some laser thing to find out. and he says it will never match perfectly because the mixture of metallic, gun pressure, humidity and heat all will effect its color?

if you want ill post pics or the car...
Old 07-16-2008, 06:14 PM
Mustanggt9589
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Hood Scoop Pics

wow that isn't even close to matching. Sorry to hear that man. I don't want to make it sound like your paint guy doesn't know what he is talking about but sounds to me like he just doesn't want to paint it for a 3rd time. if i were you i would take your vin to a dealer or something and see if someone can get you the paint code and re paint it because it just looks off.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:15 PM
Mustanggt9589
3rd Gear Member

wow that isn't even close to matching. Sorry to hear that man. I don't want to make it sound like your paint guy doesn't know what he is talking about but sounds to me like he just doesn't want to paint it for a 3rd time. if i were you i would take your vin to a dealer or something and see if someone can get you the paint code and re paint it because it just looks off.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:27 PM
1vryfststang
2nd Gear Member

The car is to new not to match with the correct paint code....I could understand if the car was 10+ years old but not that new of paint. I honestly believe you should take it to someone else and get it to match perfect. There should not be problem like you are having. I am sorry to hear about your problems, but I really think it can be matched. BTW that color almost looks more putter(tan) in the second picture than metallic gray..imo
Old 07-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Lombardo05
2nd Gear Member

yeah same thing i thought. he offered to repaint it again for free a 3rd time but its starting to **** me off it takes a quater tank to get there and back and it takes from 9-5 to do. idk im pretty pissed. i should have never bought a repaint. the car used to be performance red.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:38 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

ya gotta take him on that offer for the 3rd time... your car looks DSG so find the paint code for that... maybe thats the paint code............ idk, its worth a shot trying to match ur car to a DSG and see how similar they look.. find picks online or something
Old 07-16-2008, 06:41 PM
WOH HRSY
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Lombardo05

i bought the stock gt good scoop for 100 bucks and paid 100 bucks to have it mounted and painted. i have a problem though. the car is a repaint(00 GT vert). i got the scoop painted 2 days ago and it didnt match perfectly in the sunlight (in theshade it was perfect). it got repainted today (no extra charge) and it looks perfect in the sun and not in the shade.

idk what to do???? i dont even have the paint code for the car. the paint guy said that its an 02 mustang paint bc he did some laser thing to find out. and he says it will never match perfectly because the mixture of metallic, gun pressure, humidity and heat all will effect its color?

if you want ill post pics or the car...
Yes that is true AND if the car was repainted it's even harder to match now because he's trying to match someone else's formula. Just to give you guys an idea with the PPG paint we use there are NINE variations of my laser red. Now that's a three stage that's harder to begin withBUT there can be multiple variations of 1 paint code. Spray out panels and tinting will help match it though. The problem is like you're experiencing you may go from one extreme to the other. If they're offering to repaint it a 3rd time keep having them do it. Their painter will only get paid once he's going to want to get it right soon since he's doing it for free now.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:27 PM
LynnBob Mustang
5th Gear Member

Paint it semi gloss black and be done with it. It looks great and it will give it some contrast.
I like the looks of these cars with the scoop black, if I had one like that I would do that in a heart beat.
Lynn
Old 07-16-2008, 07:40 PM
JonBeast

200 bucks...your halfway to a brand new cowl hood, and you could buy a used hood for that price...not worth the money to look like every other stock GT IMO...
Old 07-16-2008, 07:45 PM
02 Ninja
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JonBeast

200 bucks...your halfway to a brand new cowl hood, and you could buy a used hood for that price...not worth the money to look like every other stock GT IMO...
+1.....Cervini FTW

Quick Reply: Hood Scoop Pics