MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion-88/)
-   -   4.6 Gift (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion/503801-4-6-gift.html)

Southerngirl 12-12-2008 03:59 PM

4.6 Gift

I am trying to surprise my boy friend with something for his 2000 GT. He loves that car and i am a little fond of it my self. Sorry i don't know a lot about it other then he has an exhaust. I talked to his brother and his friend and they recommended a intake and TB?:confused: I looked a few up and i am not sure what is better and what brand to get :(. I can only spend 500 dollars this year and i want to make sure i am getting something that he would want. Any help would be great.

devore86 12-12-2008 04:14 PM

check out americanmuscle.com

they have alot of good gifts

REDSTALION 12-12-2008 04:34 PM

Try this http://www.mustangunlimited.com/gift-items.asp

Mustanggt9589 12-12-2008 04:44 PM

Americanmuslce.com is probably the fastest and best to deal with. If your thinking about a throttle body try getting him a bbk, or accufab. Accufab is the best one they make but bbk is also a very good brand and more affordable. If i were you though I would just go to americanmuscle.com and get him a 500 gift ceritifacate and let him choose his own things.

ripped camel 12-12-2008 05:00 PM

Get the Accufab 70mm tb/plenum combo. Accufab is proven to flow better than every other tb & plenum on the market. They cost more for a reason.

Some people may tell you to opt for the 75mm combo, instead of the 70mm combo, but this couldn't be farther from the truth. The 75mm combo is for supercharged, or HEAVILY modded NA cars (meaning not only full bolt ons, but engine fully worked) and wouldn't be a good choice for him. It would actually make him lose power since his mods wouldn't sufficiently support that much airflow.

Americanmuscle.com is the only company I would deal with. They are the only company I've dealt with yet that continually backs up what they sell. Plus, they don't hit you with any hidden bs. The price you see is the price you pay including shipping, since everything on their site is free shipping.

Hope this helps.

stang04chris 12-12-2008 05:39 PM

see if he has gears, if not get him some 4;10's. thats the best mod i think ive done

GTRACER88 12-12-2008 06:10 PM

Southern girl huh. What part? Also before i would buy anything i would find out what he has done to his car. It wouldnt be a good surprise if you buy him something that he already has in my honest opinion.

ripped camel 12-12-2008 06:43 PM

Gears will require him to spend money to get them installed, unless he has a plethora of tools, and the mechanical ability to tackle that job himself.

A bolt on like tb/plenum could easily be done with hand tools by basically anyone with basic mechanical knowledge. So this would allow her to by him a gift that wouldn't necessitate him to spend money out of his pocket to get anything installed.

Also consider a handheld tuner like the SCT, also sold at AmericanMuscle.com. Those go for $379.00 there.

teej281 12-12-2008 09:16 PM

well she said that she had $500 to spend on her bf so gears are only $180...which leave $320 left for the install...so its easily in the budget. Buy him Ford Racing Performance Parts 4.10 rear gears if he doesnt have gears already.

H0SS302 12-12-2008 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Southerngirl (Post 5743332)
I am trying to surprise my boy friend with something for his 2000 GT. He loves that car and i am a little fond of it my self. Sorry i don't know a lot about it other then he has an exhaust. I talked to his brother and his friend and they recommended a intake and TB?:confused: I looked a few up and i am not sure what is better and what brand to get :(. I can only spend 500 dollars this year and i want to make sure i am getting something that he would want. Any help would be great.

Ok, you are probably one of the greatest girl friends ever. I see 2 ways of making your man happy. One would be an accufab tb/plenum setup from American muscle . com

The other If he has an automatic transmission, would be a tuner from brenspeed . com

Normally i would suggest the sniper tuner but I doubt you would want to track it down.