4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

need to vent about LMR...

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 12:04 PM
E714FEVER
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Novanutcase
I ALWAYS call the company before I order anything and ask if it's in stock. If not I look elsewhere.

John
That's what I did called they said no problem you should have everything in 7-10 days. Then 3 days after I place my order I got an email saying the 15x10's are backordered and the tires are on backorder.Now remember this is after they told me over the phone I should have everything in 7-10 days. I love when threads like this are started I've needed to vent that out for awhile now!! LOL
Old 12-22-2008, 04:27 PM
jmstang66
2nd Gear Member

hah the wheels i originally ordered werent backordered! they weren't even produced yet! and in december when it says est. shipping date december..duh i expected to get it that month...got my exhaust parts in though and got my money back..just waiting on the lm1 catback..it was back ordered a few days...finally happy...just wont buy through them again..american muscle all the way
Old 12-22-2008, 04:48 PM
CAMDUP
3rd Gear Member

ive not ordered anything from american muscle but they seem to have nice wheel/tire combos
have u tried them ?
Old 12-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Chubstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CAMDUP
ive not ordered anything from american muscle but they seem to have nice wheel/tire combos
have u tried them ?
I've ordered wheels, tires, exhaust, a lot from them and I've been happy every time. They usually ship same day too. Forum members also get a 6% discount.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:36 PM
Novanutcase
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by E714FEVER
That's what I did called they said no problem you should have everything in 7-10 days. Then 3 days after I place my order I got an email saying the 15x10's are backordered and the tires are on backorder.Now remember this is after they told me over the phone I should have everything in 7-10 days. I love when threads like this are started I've needed to vent that out for awhile now!! LOL
In that case I would have raised holy hell with them. I would have told them to cancel the order and that you wanted a discount voucher for whatever purchase you were going to make with them going forward. I'll bet they would have given it to you.

I bought some stuff from them without issue but that was one time only.

John
Old 12-22-2008, 10:19 PM
jmstang66
2nd Gear Member

yeah ive looked at american muscles wheels/tires...i just liked the 03 cobra dd wheels cuz nobody has them on their cars..and lmr is the only place with them...may have to go a different route though now after all the hastle they've given me
Old 12-22-2008, 10:23 PM
CAMDUP
3rd Gear Member

i would stay the hell away from them after all the B/S they put you through !!
Old 12-22-2008, 11:58 PM
jmstang66
2nd Gear Member

oh believe me i will...soons my slp catback gets here im done with them!

btw...it shows that the lm1 catback is in stock now..but i havent received shipping info on mine..hmmm...
Old 12-23-2008, 09:01 AM
04CompetitionOrange
3rd Gear Member

I probably won't order from LMR again either. They did the same thing to me last year. I ordered a $75 dollar part and they "pre-authorized / charged" my account for it 16 different times....no joke. It screwed up my bills and put my checking account on hold. I had to coordinate them straightening it out with my bank, which made me furious. The guy I spoke to at LMR told me that it happened to a bunch of other people as well, but he didn't sound too apologetic. American Muscle all the way.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:02 AM
LynnBob Mustang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jmstang66
yeah....oe wheels on ebay has them..but they only have the 17X10 not 17X10.5s
You get big meats on them and you or no one else will ever notice a 1/2" difference in the wheels.
OE Wheels all the way!!! You can't beat the price or service.

Lynn

Quick Reply: need to vent about LMR...