4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

vertical doors

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 02:21 PM
fausty
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangman281
i knew that was coming.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:42 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

I know someone with an S197 and they look decent, but no way on SN95/Edge
Old 12-30-2008, 02:45 PM
jvog
5th Gear Member

if you get lambo doors change your name to straightricin
Old 12-30-2008, 02:57 PM
MJH78
3rd Gear Member

Well I'll just continue with the pounding here and say if you get lambo doors then you should have hot grease thrown on you.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:19 PM
straightstangin

wow, i kinda saw that coming. but in all seriousness, the kit is $500 and i have a huge hookup with an awesome body shop guy who will do the install for nothing. Obviously i want to make my stang stand out from the rest and i lose count when i try to figure out how many stangs have the chin spoiler and the tinted tailights and the usual mods for mustangs. like i said i want my stang to stand out and can count on one hand the number of them with vertical doors. so i figured it might be something to look into. i can make the car stand out cheaper that way then adding $1,000 into the motor and only gaining 12 horsepower. But i appreciate the criticism because it makes me look that much closer to what i want to mod. What appearance mods would you reccomend?
Old 12-30-2008, 03:32 PM
MJH78
3rd Gear Member

Well to each his own I guess. Not sure what wheels and tires you have, but that to me is a huge must as far as appearance goes. I think wheels and tires and keeping it detailed is the main thing. Wheels/tires, exhaust, and gears are what I'd spend my money on before anything.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:37 PM
MJH78
3rd Gear Member

Besides..seriously how often are you seen with your doors open? you aren't going to drive down the damn road with your doors up..at least I hope not. The only time my doors are open is when I'm getting in the car, which takes about 3 seconds. I guess you could hang out in a parking lot with your doors open, but whatever. maybe the doors have a different appearance when shut, I don't know. Just something to think about.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:42 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

I hope you realize that putting stuff like that on your car completely changes the way ppl look at your car. if you ever go to Mustang meets everyone there will clown on you so hard. But i guess if you hand around with ricers you will be god..
Old 12-30-2008, 04:03 PM
GTVert00
2nd Gear Member

Like I said earlier and that you ignored, lambo doors have major issues with getting the doors closed and allowing them to seal properly, allowing rain and snow into your car.

I've talked to 3 people at car meets over the past few years with lambo doors. As a matter of fact all three of them, regardless of how expensive they were, had these problems. One with a prelude had to pull the handle, hitch the door upwards, then pull out and then help push the door up. Do you know how much of a pain in the *** that is every time you get in and out of your car? He didn't have any problems with leaking though.

The other two, one escalade and one M3 had them, both had issues with leaking. Not sure if you know what happens when your car has a leak, but your car starts to wreak of mold that you won't get rid of unless you replace all of the interior pieces and secondly can effect electrical parts.

On top of it all, NONE of those cars looked even semi-attractive with the lambo doors. Not one person thought they were cool and everyone including myself were talking to them basically to get an idea of why the hell they'd ruin their car to that extent.

Furthermore, you can do some nice exterior mods (as listed in my last post) for about $500. Then you take the other $1,500 and get oh say, 40rwhp out of your car. If you don't care about the power and just the looks, sell your GT, give it to someone who will enjoy it and go buy a V6 and throw lambo doors, altezza tail lights, and 22s on it.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:13 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTVert00
Like I said earlier and that you ignored, lambo doors have major issues with getting the doors closed and allowing them to seal properly, allowing rain and snow into your car.

I've talked to 3 people at car meets over the past few years with lambo doors. As a matter of fact all three of them, regardless of how expensive they were, had these problems. One with a prelude had to pull the handle, hitch the door upwards, then pull out and then help push the door up. Do you know how much of a pain in the *** that is every time you get in and out of your car? He didn't have any problems with leaking though.

The other two, one escalade and one M3 had them, both had issues with leaking. Not sure if you know what happens when your car has a leak, but your car starts to wreak of mold that you won't get rid of unless you replace all of the interior pieces and secondly can effect electrical parts.

On top of it all, NONE of those cars looked even semi-attractive with the lambo doors. Not one person thought they were cool and everyone including myself were talking to them basically to get an idea of why the hell they'd ruin their car to that extent.

Furthermore, you can do some nice exterior mods (as listed in my last post) for about $500. Then you take the other $1,500 and get oh say, 40rwhp out of your car. If you don't care about the power and just the looks, sell your GT, give it to someone who will enjoy it and go buy a V6 and throw lambo doors, altezza tail lights, and 22s on it.
LOLOLOL GTvert00

this kid is straightclownin!!!!

dont do it..

orrrrrrrrrrrr

do it -- but than post pictures so we can laugh

thank you

/thread

Quick Reply: vertical doors