4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Sniper Tuning 2009 Stimulus Package

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 01:20 PM
HaneyMotorsport.Com
Banned

Originally Posted by defconfire
How long is this going on for? I may have to bite the bullet and get the commando kit.
This is going to run until the end of Feb. Since Sniper wants us to get atleast 20 orders, this will give everyone time to check it out and ask questions, etc.

Casey
Old 01-20-2009, 02:17 PM
tws1098
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by HaneyMotorsport.Com
The Commando software includes the SF. Now, if you already have the SF, you can upgrade it with the Commando. You will save $$ by starting off with the Commando, instead of upgrading later on.

HOSS,

If you have the SF and want to upgrade, let me know. I will get a price for you.

Casey
I am also curious of the price to upgrade...
Old 01-20-2009, 02:30 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by HaneyMotorsport.Com
The Commando software includes the SF. Now, if you already have the SF, you can upgrade it with the Commando. You will save $$ by starting off with the Commando, instead of upgrading later on.

HOSS,

If you have the SF and want to upgrade, let me know. I will get a price for you.

Casey
yea i want to upgrade.. i already have SF. can you shoot me a price
Old 01-20-2009, 03:33 PM
DeathRattle
2nd Gear Member

I hate to be an a$$hole and rain on the parade but I don't see how this is such a good onetime deal for the SF unit...the price for the Commando software is a great deal but companies are selling brand new, unused, unopened, SF software for $340-$370 (or best offer with a couple companies) with free shipping elsewhere so what makes this sale soo good...?? What is the price to upgrade to Commando...?? Can you make the SF price more attractive...??

Last edited by DeathRattle; 01-20-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:21 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DeathRattle
I hate to be an a$$hole and rain on the parade but I don't see how this is such a good onetime deal for the SF unit...the price for the Commando software is a great deal but companies are selling brand new, unused, unopened, SF software for $340-$370 (or best offer with a couple companies) with free shipping elsewhere so what makes this sale soo good...?? What is the price to upgrade to Commando...?? Can you make the SF price more attractive...??
dude that is the best price I have ever seen.. if you dont like it buy another tuner..
Old 01-20-2009, 05:27 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

IMHO, with Commando available (which includes SF and Recon) for $500, then forget about SF, I don't care how low the SF price is.

Unless you just plain do not want to get "down and dirty" deep into tuning (the ONLY way to really optimise performance) then you will want Commando once you wring out what SF can do.

It am often bemused that people will spend thousands on performance "hardware", and then pitch a fit over spending $300 to $400 for a tuner-- which in bang-for-the-buck terms is the best money you can spend.

Commando is a professional level tuning system, at $500 it is the deal of the year!
Old 01-20-2009, 05:56 PM
DeathRattle
2nd Gear Member

Here is some advice Hoss, just because that is the best price YOU have ever seen does not mean that it is the best price out there (which in fact it isn't)...I always shop around when I hear of a good deal just to confirm that the deal is in fact as good as it is advertised to be...the price is good but it is not very compelling considering that they will only sell it to groups of 20 minimum when you can shop around and find it at the same price (and maybe cheaper) and purchase it on an individual basis...and Cliffy is correct, the Commando is the real deal in this sale because I doubt that anybody will find it even close to that price under any circumstances...I was not being negative or trying to tell people what to do, I was just giving some advice that might in turn cause Sniper to drop the price of SF to actually make it a worthwhile deal...
Old 01-20-2009, 05:59 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DeathRattle
Here is some advice Hoss, just because that is the best price YOU have ever seen does not mean that it is the best price out there (which in fact it isn't)...I always shop around when I hear of a good deal just to confirm that the deal is in fact as good as it is advertised to be...the price is good but it is not very compelling considering that they will only sell it to groups of 20 minimum when you can shop around and find it at the same price (and maybe cheaper) and purchase it on an individual basis...and Cliffy is correct, the Commando is the real deal in this sale because I doubt that anybody will find it even close to that price under any circumstances...I was not being negative or trying to tell people what to do, I was just giving some advice that might in turn cause Sniper to drop the price of SF to actually make it a worthwhile deal...
ok so then buy it from other ppl then.. dont come in the dudes thread muking up his sales because your mr thrift an want to spend 5 bucks less.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:39 PM
HaneyMotorsport.Com
Banned

tws, HOSS -

I sent you a pm on upgrade pricing.

Commando -

Cliff is right on about going right to the Commando, especially with the pricing The great thing about it is you also get the SF. So, you can start with that and work your way into the commando. One good feature - You can make a tune in SF, load it in Commando, load the stock tune and see the changes that were made! This can help you learn.

SF pricing -

I will see if we can get the price down some more, but overall it is a very good price. If you can find it cheaper, than go for it. To me, there are other important factors, not just price.

Casey
Old 01-20-2009, 08:20 PM
DeathRattle
2nd Gear Member

You know what Hoss, why don't you stop being a *****...that is what a forum is for...in every thread one person says one thing and then someone else has a better idea and so on...I was not "muking" up this thread...in fact I think most people appreciate when someone brings light to a fact that could potentially end in an even better deal than originally posted...just because you're the type of shopper who hears "good deal" and goes running to it with your cash in your hand does not mean that everyone else will...My ufckin point is that yes it is a cheap price (when price is the only factor involved) and I am not saying that it isn't, but when you add in the requirements and then compare that to the competitors who have no requirements for a similar (and possibly even lesser) price then it is not really a deal at all. It's just business to get the best deal so stop acting like I personally attacked you because I didn't...BTW, if they do drop the price are you gonna still pay 339.95 or are you gonna reap the benefits of frugal consumers after you opened your mouth with criticism...??

Quick Reply: Sniper Tuning 2009 Stimulus Package