4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.
View Poll Results: Paint or leave alone?
Paint it
72.22%
Leave as is
27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Custom paint?? Top half of car black? Photoshop

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 03:56 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

thanks for posting pics of the wing ;D

id still just start with maybe the roof or something.. ive always wanted to do it.. silver and black = sex
Old 02-03-2009, 03:59 PM
1999 GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
the fobra looks great as is!

two-tone is getting old IMO. chip foose kinda burned me out on it.
lol thats what im sayin...i'd leave it
Old 02-03-2009, 09:22 PM
agarr19
3rd Gear Member

deff leave it
Old 02-03-2009, 11:22 PM
iMTB
2nd Gear Member

Make it fast already!
Old 02-04-2009, 04:16 AM
jrherald420
5th Gear Member

paint it!!!! doooo it!!! dont listen to these fools!!!
Old 02-04-2009, 08:58 AM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Adam03GT
To me a 2 tone mustang just says "Look at me, im trying too hard!"
I guess that's what you were trying to do when you got your chrome rims? LOOK at me I have chrome rims!!!!..... Well that's like saying anything you do to make your car look better is just to try and get attention from people. So, I guess we should just leave the stangs as they came from the factory... To the OP, that photoshop looks fkin AMAZING. If I could do that for not that much, it would be done right now. I dont know why people complain so much about that two tone, it looks better than everyone's paintjob that is complaining and any other mustang from the factory.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:40 AM
BHMustangGT
3rd Gear Member

Ok cool, thanks for all the replies. If I were to do it, it would be a pretty long time from now being I've got a lot planned for my car performance-wise...plus I have little income of course since I'm in college and work part-time :-( lol

First I plan on going with some 4.10's and getting a tuner, then I'd do the minor bolt-ons (TB/Plenum). From there I'd like to build the motor, maybe cam it? IDK yet, just have to see how things go this year.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:47 AM
tws1098
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bolivianpimp
I guess that's what you were trying to do when you got your chrome rims? LOOK at me I have chrome rims!!!!..... Well that's like saying anything you do to make your car look better is just to try and get attention from people. So, I guess we should just leave the stangs as they came from the factory... To the OP, that photoshop looks fkin AMAZING. If I could do that for not that much, it would be done right now. I dont know why people complain so much about that two tone, it looks better than everyone's paintjob that is complaining and any other mustang from the factory.
I disagree with that on many levels, but I will simply state that chrome rims vs. two toning are 2 very different things and it is stupid to even think doing one is similar to doing the other. Do mustangs ever come with chrome wheels? yes. Do they ever come two toned? No. There is a reason.

This was in no way intended to offend the OP as i love his car, and think with more minor black accents the car would look better than going to a straight two tone (not to mention much cheaper allowing for more performance).
Old 02-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Blk N Wht GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tws1098
I disagree with that on many levels, but I will simply state that chrome rims vs. two toning are 2 very different things and it is stupid to even think doing one is similar to doing the other. Do mustangs ever come with chrome wheels? yes. Do they ever come two toned? No. There is a reason.

This was in no way intended to offend the OP as i love his car, AND THINK WITH MORE MINOR BLACK ACCENTS THE CAR WOULD LOOK BETTER than going to a straight two tone (not to mention much cheaper allowing for more performance).
Like my minor black accents -- I think the OP should do some of the stuff I did. Silver/black will look pretty nice as well. When I was buying my car it was either this White one or a Silver one but the Silver one was more. I went with the White and although I wasn't a huge fan of it, I am now haha

*EDIT*

Black spoiler is with the UPS guy right now

Here's a crappy cell phone pic of the black spoiler (it had a crack in it so I had to send it back) =\

And this is with no spoiler (I kinda like the Bullitt look but I wouldn't stick with it for that long)

Last edited by Blk N Wht GT; 02-04-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:12 PM
tws1098
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blk N Wht GT
Like my minor black accents

Black spoiler is with the UPS guy right now
The spoiler should be a nice addition, you have a nice car, and I love the exhaust set-up...sounds bad@$$.

Quick Reply: Custom paint?? Top half of car black? Photoshop