4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Need help picking rims to match new paint job!!!

Old 02-25-2009, 02:17 PM
steve0914
5th Gear Member

oh my god i think i just threw up in my mouth....

looks like he chose chrome
Old 02-25-2009, 02:44 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by midweststang
Thanks Blk003GT, thats what im looking for, feedback, not criticism from fellow mustangers being dicks!
Honesty is the best policy. Here at MF we give are honest feelings about people desicions for there car. this being a public forum, you can either swallow the pill dished out, or leave..

that being said...You cant expect to put ricer lights and a ricer body kit and not get an earfull about it.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:03 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Thanks Mr Graystang, I dont want my stang to look ricey, thats why i posted this thread. I was looking at the cobra BW kit because it has features of the cobra in it. Im undecided right now. I got the Y2K rims now that are chrome, and always loved chrome. I think im going to paint it orange, leave the black racing stripes off and go with the deep dish 17x10.5 chrome bullitts, and change back over to stock tail lights on back and the darkened cobra head lights.
now that sounds like a plan.

btw...got any pics of the body kit you plan on installing?

IMO the black wheels with the machined lip would look better. ive never been a big fan of chrome.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Thanks Mr Graystang, I dont want my stang to look ricey, thats why i posted this thread. I was looking at the cobra BW kit because it has features of the cobra in it. Im undecided right now. I got the Y2K rims now that are chrome, and always loved chrome. I think im going to paint it orange, leave the black racing stripes off and go with the deep dish 17x10.5 chrome bullitts, and change back over to stock tail lights on back and the darkened cobra head lights.
Kool , Post some pics when you get it done and I still think black and orange look sick together IMO.

Originally Posted by hoss302
Honesty is the best policy. Here at MF we give are honest feelings about people desicions for there car. this being a public forum, you can either swallow the pill dished out, or leave..

that being said...You cant expect to put ricer lights and a ricer body kit and not get an earfull about it.
This being a public forum like you sayd he gave his honest feeling on everyone's honest feelings about his choice setup and he had every right too. If he doesn't want to swallow the criticism then he shouldnt have too nor should he have to leave the site for defending his post either.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:45 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by H0SS302

yes, but they could have presented their opinion in a friendlier manner.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:21 PM
midweststang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tdcalhoun89
I say take the $$$ from the body kit, put a twin screw on it, and if you really wanna repaint the car, black it out, black 17s... I'm spending my spring break taking the body kit off my mustang (it came on it when I bought it) ...but then again it's your car if you wanna rice it out then go ahead
Obviously you liked the ricey Xenon body kit when you bought your car, so dont talk bout my questions i have asked. I havent made any decisions yet, you have. That is what this forum is about. I am trying to get HONEST feed back aobut what would look good, NOT RICEY like a Xenon, stalker, invader(as in the white mustang above), demon, evo or blitz. Those are ALL ricey!!
Old 02-25-2009, 04:22 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

again...post pics of what you are talking about.

btw...where are you from?
Old 02-25-2009, 04:36 PM
midweststang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
again...post pics of what you are talking about.

btw...where are you from?
i am at Fort Leonard Wood/St. Roberts/Waynesville area. This is what i was looking at. But obviously i just need to keep the same as everyone else in the world so my stang will look cool. Mustangs are EVERYWHERE and they all look the same. I dont want a ricey stang like I said bout 5 times now.
Attached Images  
Old 02-25-2009, 05:49 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by H0SS302

+1 for hoss

this thread is too much like highschool girls bitching... do what you want with your car man... if you ask for peoples opinions then don't get offended when they give you their true opinions... just remember opinions are like ********, everyone has one.

Obviously you liked the ricey Xenon body kit when you bought your car, so dont talk bout my questions i have asked. I havent made any decisions yet, you have. That is what this forum is about. I am trying to get HONEST feed back aobut what would look good, NOT RICEY like a Xenon, stalker, invader(as in the white mustang above), demon, evo or blitz. Those are ALL ricey!!
as for me buying my car with the body kit, the car I had at the time was dying and me being in college, I need a reliable car that will last me for a few years... the car was in great shape when I bought it and had 17k on it and I got a great deal on the car and it was also came with a good warranty

Last edited by tdcalhoun89; 02-25-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:51 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

i am at Fort Leonard Wood/St. Roberts/Waynesville area. This is what i was looking at. But obviously i just need to keep the same as everyone else in the world so my stang will look cool. Mustangs are EVERYWHERE and they all look the same. I dont want a ricey stang like I said bout 5 times now.

Personally thats nothing that I would put on my cars but that kit is also not rice either, It is in fact a little bit flashier then other kits out there all in all its what you prefer. Would we see that car at the tracks or auto x probably not, Could we see a mustang with that kit at a car show ? mos def.

now thats rice.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need help picking rims to match new paint job!!!