4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Car was broken into

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 06:58 PM
foned

Default Car was broken into

Basically until tonight i didnt realize how they got in, i figured i must have left my car unlocked, until i noticed the lock had been tampered with, so i grabbed some tools and started tampering myself, i used my remote lock and locked my car, and set what ive always assumed was an alarm (the horn honks) now im not so sure, i was able to open my car up fairly easy and the door opened with no alarm going off.

any body else have this problem? im considering filling the lock with some glue or something to prevent others from breaking into my car again, like i said, it was pretty simple for me to open and i have no lock picking experience.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:09 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Dang, sorry to hear that man. But also good to know. I'll be looking into that on my car now... Hope the damage was too bad!
Old 12-10-2009, 07:44 PM
foned

thanks, its not too bad, basically the bottom of the lock is just bent down, and the sides are bent wider open, and the key doesn't work to open the door any more. the worst part is not feeling like my car is secure any more, that and they stole my camera ;/
Old 12-10-2009, 07:49 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

dang, that stinks man. sorry to hear about the cam!
Old 12-10-2009, 10:24 PM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

that honk is a decoy (there incase someone eyeballs your car when you pull up that may deter them and make them think there is an alarm on your car), there is no alarm system stock on our mustangs. just a panic alarm (the red button on your remote).
Old 12-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Sonic04

I have 2 different things to add here:
1. I had somebody break into one of my other cars ( not a stang ) they stole a bunch of tools from the trunk an my cds. They left the cash, ipod, and digital camera that was next to the cd's though?! I was like wtf did a retarded kid break in here or what.

2. I have a 2004 GT 40th Anniv. Ed. It is bone stock an does have an alarm im pretty sure. I locked it with the remote, my brother bumped it slightly an the alarm started honking! An when I lock it theres a little thing on the dash that says security lock or somethin an it blinks in red? Is that not an alarm?
Old 12-11-2009, 01:09 AM
02stang2113
4th Gear Member

Look into gettting a aftermarket system... Then again maybe not... i had one on my last mustang (99) and the alarm would akways go oFf, if i like shut the center council thing to hard it would start beepeing and stuff... it was terrible, sometimes it would just start randomly going off. BAD EXPERIENCE
Old 12-11-2009, 04:10 AM
nascrchi
3rd Gear Member

dang, appreciate what you guys have because my driver door doesn't even lock. :/
I put my stereo faceplate in the glove and lock it. I have tools in my trunk but other than that, that's it. I need to fix that.

My question is: can my car be stolen quikly and quietly? or how is it possible to steal a mustang? I ask that becasue my neighbor, who has a fullybuilt k20 with a jackson S/C, told me that overtime hondas ignitions' begin to become dull in a sense, and basically, you can use another Honda's ignition key to turn the car on. Although, that guys car is strictly for track use and stupid loud, so I doubt they'll get far. He also takes his ECU off as well, but these dudes out here roll around with ecu's ready to rob...

Maybe, pushing the car down the street in neutral and then towing it or something? damn, i'm scared now

Last edited by nascrchi; 12-11-2009 at 04:16 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:19 AM
Brute03
5th Gear Member

that sucks man but mustangs are stupid easy to get into. i locked my keys up sometime back and some random guy came over and opened it with a hanger in 30 seconds flat...
Old 12-11-2009, 09:20 AM
gif4445
4th Gear Member

I had mine broken into not too long ago. Didn't take possessions, just the change that was in my cup holder.

Quick Reply: Car was broken into