4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

A 3.4l whipple on a 2v possibility???

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 11:15 PM
Stevecooper
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tim99GT
ok, so after talking to alot of the cobra guys who run the thing and doing more research i have decided not to do this... Never really thought i would say this, but it is just too big of a blower. Dont get me wrong, it would work, but it is not the best option for some one who wants to keep this thing running on the street without the use of race gas.
Sorry for all the let downs guys!!! I never did think this thing was that big of a monster.
I def have respect for the cobra guys who are running this thing.....

Anyway, i guess to give the final details ect for those who are/might be interested in doing this:

1)Unless you plan to run 23+ psi on race fuel of course, this is not the blower for you...
2)you can pulley down the crank to run 18 or so psi, but you will be barely spinning the blower. and from what the cobra guys have told me, it is not worth it as this blower likes to be spun fast.if you are going to run low psi, just buy the 2.6KB or do the 140ax(2.3) whipple swap.
3)If you do want to run race fuel and have your car as a 1/4 car, then the 3.4l would be a good choice... the cobra guys are running anywhere from 8-10 sec with this blower alone. this thing is very strong and def puts out some power.

For those who might want to run the whipple still(2.3), you can. You will need the tork tech manifold,pulley bracket,fuel inj,maf, cobra intake tube,ect...
When i had spoke to Bill at tork tech, we had gone over me buying the intercooled kit and him deleting the blower,intake,TB,ect.. and discounting the price. iirc he had quoted me like $2,200 or so for the the whole kit minus the previously listed items.
Really good guy to talk to! very helpful...

anyway, i think i am going to stick with the original plan and just upgrade to the 2.6 KB and crank it up.

Thanks for all the help and advice(OX,AZ, and all others)
double post

Last edited by Stevecooper; 04-06-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Stevecooper
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tim99GT
ok, so after talking to alot of the cobra guys who run the thing and doing more research i have decided not to do this... Never really thought i would say this, but it is just too big of a blower. Dont get me wrong, it would work, but it is not the best option for some one who wants to keep this thing running on the street without the use of race gas.
Sorry for all the let downs guys!!! I never did think this thing was that big of a monster.
I def have respect for the cobra guys who are running this thing.....

Anyway, i guess to give the final details ect for those who are/might be interested in doing this:

1)Unless you plan to run 23+ psi on race fuel of course, this is not the blower for you...
2)you can pulley down the crank to run 18 or so psi, but you will be barely spinning the blower. and from what the cobra guys have told me, it is not worth it as this blower likes to be spun fast.if you are going to run low psi, just buy the 2.6KB or do the 140ax(2.3) whipple swap.
3)If you do want to run race fuel and have your car as a 1/4 car, then the 3.4l would be a good choice... the cobra guys are running anywhere from 8-10 sec with this blower alone. this thing is very strong and def puts out some power.

For those who might want to run the whipple still(2.3), you can. You will need the tork tech manifold,pulley bracket,fuel inj,maf, cobra intake tube,ect...
When i had spoke to Bill at tork tech, we had gone over me buying the intercooled kit and him deleting the blower,intake,TB,ect.. and discounting the price. iirc he had quoted me like $2,200 or so for the the whole kit minus the previously listed items.
Really good guy to talk to! very helpful...

anyway, i think i am going to stick with the original plan and just upgrade to the 2.6 KB and crank it up.

Thanks for all the help and advice(OX,AZ, and all others)
Which retard told you that you shouldn't run this blower unless you are looking at 23psi+.... a twin screw blower... no matter what size peaks at its efficiency at about 15~PSI. The larger the blower, the larger the rotors which = less RPM potential. at 2.3L can spin much faster than a 3.4L twin screw. That being said this is probably not the blower for a 4.6L motor.

Yes you can make 25PSi with a twin screw, but that doesn't mean its a good idea.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:33 PM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stevecooper
Which retard told you that you shouldn't run this blower unless you are looking at 23psi+.... a twin screw blower... no matter what size peaks at its efficiency at about 15~PSI. The larger the blower, the larger the rotors which = less RPM potential. at 2.3L can spin much faster than a 3.4L twin screw. That being said this is probably not the blower for a 4.6L motor.

Yes you can make 25PSi with a twin screw, but that doesn't mean its a good idea.
https://mustangforums.com/forum/svt-...t-in-here.html