4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Wrecked the stang....

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 06:06 PM
2Slo4u
1st Gear Member

Default Wrecked the stang....

Well I wrecked my mustang today while I was on my way home from work. Was raining pretty bad and I was in the right lane doing 50-55 in a 65 when a dog came across the median and headed for my lane. I moved over a bit to avoid clipping the dog and started to hydroplane into the left lane. Basically I tried to keep the car in the right lane to avoid hitting other people and it came around on me pulling 2 360's and a 180 before sliding down an 14 foot embankment into a creek.

Didn't hit any other cars, or anything for that matter. Car runs fine and doesn't seem to be damaged other than the front bumper being torn loose and the paint on the rear bumper flaking off due to being bent outta shape when the *** end stuffed into the mud. All the door, hood and trunk gaps look fine as well so maybe it will be fine after a little TLC and a good wash. The dog didn't fare so well, I thought it had run off after I almost hit it but it ended up getting trapped under my car and going along for the ride. We didn't find it until they got my car up on the rollback, and there wasn't much left. Don't have any pics yet, but here is the article from a local news page.

http://www.rickeystokesnews.com/arti...the-creek-1796
Old 04-02-2009, 06:20 PM
Capt Hair
2nd Gear Member

that blows, i hate driving my car in the rain, especially with a lot of water build up like we've had for the past few days down here in the SEast

Hopefully the stang will be ok
Old 04-02-2009, 06:21 PM
mustangman03
3rd Gear Member

did they charge you with anything looks like it one heck of a ride
Old 04-02-2009, 06:29 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Well all in all its a good thing you're ok. **** like that can be scary. How much water damage is there?
Old 04-02-2009, 06:32 PM
2Slo4u
1st Gear Member

Didn't get any tickets, and there doesn't seem to be much water damage at all since my trunk is gutted. Pulled the drain plugs outta the spare tire well and rear foot wells just in case though.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:34 PM
2Slo4u
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Capt Hair
that blows, i hate driving my car in the rain, especially with a lot of water build up like we've had for the past few days down here in the SEast
Tell me about it man, we've been getting hammered down here in SE Alabama. I think the car's going to be fine though, I was going to paint it soon anyway, but maybe I will get a new front bumper outta the deal.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:52 PM
GTRedfire03
3rd Gear Member

Damn dude glad your alright......I did the same thing on the interstate driving home one night. Moved to miss an animal, then over corrected spinning arcoss the median into on coming cars. I didnt hit anything bc it was in the middle of the night. Thank God... Just alot of mud and minor body damage.

I understand the damn rain, whatever you get there, I see a couple hours later here in GA..... But we need it here(get the lakes back up)
Old 04-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Damn man that sucks! I bet you almost sh*t your pants lol
Old 04-02-2009, 07:07 PM
2Slo4u
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang3GT07
Damn man that sucks! I bet you almost sh*t your pants lol
Actually it was probably the most "controlled' wreck I have ever been involved in. So besides sliding down a steep *** hill backwards it really wasn't that bad.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:48 PM
mgraveman

I've spent a lot of time in Dothan. There's good food there!

I have a rule about swerving - although I drive pickup trucks. If it's smaller than me it gets hit. If it's bigger I swerve.

Quick Reply: Wrecked the stang....