MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion-88/)
-   -   Holy ***T (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion/530328-holy-t.html)

pro2a 04-10-2009 07:41 AM

Holy ***T

Just got my car back from the shop after complete suspension, chasis and rear end overhaul. What a difference!!

Suspension: BBK linear springs, new isolators, Tokiko Blues, Rear Steeda HD upper control arms, Stang Suspension spherical ball lowers, front CC Plates, urethane sway bar links and bushings, MM steering aluminum rack bushings.

Chassis: MM full length sub-frame connectors.

Rear end: FRPP 4:10 gears, FRPP 31 spline Cobra carbon fiber LSD and FRPP 31 spline axles.

Believe me, it feels like a new car, everything is what the DR. ordered. The 4:10 gears especially! I have a little drone at 70 mph, but nothing my stereo can't overcome.

I am going to get some new wheels and tires soon. I also plan on running it at the track in Epping NH this year, what do you think It's capable of? Low 13's, 12.90's?

sstang 04-10-2009 07:53 AM

What kind of wheels and tires you getting? Those springs are going to hurt your launch. Do you have any 1/4 baseline numbers? With street tires, I would say 13.4 at best if you can drive pretty good.

pro2a 04-10-2009 08:13 AM

The springs are linear, and rated only 250 lbs more front and 50 lbs more in the rear. The upper and lower control arms along with my cobra diff have really improved my traction, I'm thinking about some 275, or 315's out back.

I see you ran a 12.95 with fewer mods than me, the only diff is some DR's, those are worth more than a 1/2 second? Don't think so.

mustangman281 04-10-2009 08:24 AM

He has better tires and a better track suspension.

pro2a 04-10-2009 08:30 AM

I've seen stock Mach 1's run 13.4. I have at least as much power, and better suspension. My goal was to set my car up for a nice street / strip balance. I would love to see 12.90's but I guess I would settle for low 13's.....Until next year (cams & heads)

DVS_Z28 04-10-2009 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by pro2a (Post 6104344)
I've seen stock Mach 1's run 13.4. I have at least as much power, and better suspension. My goal was to set my car up for a nice street / strip balance. I would love to see 12.90's but I guess I would settle for low 13's.....Until next year (cams & heads)

yea ill argue that, your not quite there as far as mach 1 hp. on street tires you should be good for a 13.5-13.6 with some DRs (not nittos) you should be good for a 13.0, maybe a 12.9 if you drive the piss out of it

pro2a 04-10-2009 11:42 AM

You'll argue that? All I see in the background is a heavy Chevy and a rice burning crotch rocket. If you know your math, 273RWHP + 17% for drivetrain loss is more than what a stock Mach 1 has.

You need to stick with your "slowzuki" and "bowtie" forums...........Bye Bye now.

boduke0220 04-10-2009 01:13 PM

theres really no need for name calling. He can have an opinion too cant he? or is this a dictatorship?

I was gonna say congrats, but your rudness has forced me to do otherwise.

Sxynerd 04-10-2009 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by pro2a (Post 6104815)
You'll argue that? All I see in the background is a heavy Chevy and a rice burning crotch rocket. If you know your math, 273RWHP + 17% for drivetrain loss is more than what a stock Mach 1 has.

You need to stick with your "slowzuki" and "bowtie" forums...........Bye Bye now.

I'm not positive but I think knows a little bit more than you're giving him credit for. And I think It's one thing to be crass to teach a lesson to noobs that are in the wrong, BUT to be a brat because someone doesn't think the same way you do is childish. I'd rather have a thousand heavy Chevy's here than one loud punk mustang owner.

Tone it down or you're not going to get any respect here.

(Besides the more chevy's are here the more future mustang owners we'll have)

SVTeeshirt 04-10-2009 01:31 PM

17% is a bit much for a 5 speed.. its closer to 13%.. yeah im a nerd but whatever.

I think you have 12.9s, maybe better depending on your track and driving ability.

Perhaps not the first time out but i forsee you hitting 12s at some point with your current mods.

but anyway back to the first part. if you make 273whp... why are you calculating drivetrain loss if you already know what you make to the wheels?'

i see you're trying to calculate your crank hp but uhh you don't have another 17% @ the crank lol.