4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Found a hood!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 12:20 AM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Default Found a hood!

Ever since I got my car, I have always wanted a 2000 cobra r hood. Well I finally found one for sale. Guy says it's in good shape, and all that jazz.

It is currently on his car, but he is looking to sell it for 200. It's made by Cervini.

What do you guys think? Too good to be true? It's fiberglass as well. What should I look for when looking at the hood? What should I ask the guy before I drive 3 hours to see this thing? How do I know if it uses the stock latch or if I need hood pins?

Cervini is a top notch brand, no?

Thanks guys
Old 04-15-2009, 12:35 AM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220
Ever since I got my car, I have always wanted a 2000 cobra r hood. Well I finally found one for sale. Guy says it's in good shape, and all that jazz.

It is currently on his car, but he is looking to sell it for 200. It's made by Cervini.

What do you guys think? Too good to be true? It's fiberglass as well. What should I look for when looking at the hood? What should I ask the guy before I drive 3 hours to see this thing? How do I know if it uses the stock latch or if I need hood pins?

Cervini is a top notch brand, no?

Thanks guys
Ask for pics of the top and under the hood , Ask him how long he has had it for . Other then that it sounds like a great deal , When you get to his house ask him for a beer for making you drive 3 hours instead of meeting you halfway. Cervini's is a great brand IMPO , I bought a roush bumper from them w/the brackets and lights . Was Urethane and fit perfect , There pricey tho so if that hood is in decent condition your getting a good deal.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:45 AM
Kmelfi11
4th Gear Member

is this 3 hours north or south? haha and i think that hood will look great on your car.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:28 AM
davidsv8mustang
3rd Gear Member

I love the cobra R hoods. Hope it works out for ya
Old 04-15-2009, 03:25 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr Graystang
Ask for pics of the top and under the hood , Ask him how long he has had it for . Other then that it sounds like a great deal , When you get to his house ask him for a beer for making you drive 3 hours instead of meeting you halfway. Cervini's is a great brand IMPO , I bought a roush bumper from them w/the brackets and lights . Was Urethane and fit perfect , There pricey tho so if that hood is in decent condition your getting a good deal.
I'll def ask for pics, but he said his camera is broke . Should i worry about the edges not lining up and sh*t? its not like i can take my car there to test-fit the damn thing bc there would be no way of getting it back to my house. I'll ask the questions and let you guys know what he says. And as for the beer, im only 19, but i'll def ask for one Maybe i will ask him if he can meet half way. but i was hoping that since its still on his car, i can see how it lines up on HIS car, take it off and buy it.. that way i know it fits well

Kmelfi - it's in PA so i think its west lol... Don't even THINK about getting it before i can!! (even though u wont since u have a beautiful hood lol)

David - I also LOVE the cobra R hood (2000).. i've always wanted it, i have extra cash, and i think now is my chance
Old 04-15-2009, 03:33 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Just drive your car out there with no hood.... then test fit it and if you like it buy it and keep it on(obviously) and if you don't like it just drive back home with no hood.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:08 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank
Just drive your car out there with no hood.... then test fit it and if you like it buy it and keep it on(obviously) and if you don't like it just drive back home with no hood.
I was thinking about doing something crazy like that. Is it legal?
Old 04-15-2009, 04:22 PM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

i wouldnt see why not there is a guy in an 01 cobra with no hood because his carb setup is to tall for the stock hood
Old 04-15-2009, 04:43 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

It is in Minnesota, you might want to check locally.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:43 PM
DVS_Z28
2nd Gear Member

if its a true cervinis hood then you should have no fitment issues. the only thing id tell you to look for is whether the hood is physically damaged in any way.

i also like the idea of driving with no hood and test fitting it. doesnt take but a minute to put it on

Quick Reply: Found a hood!