4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Dyno'd my car lol....Video inside

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 07:59 PM
fausty
4th Gear Member

Imo it looks 1000 times better than the gt bumper. Meh if it says cobra i wouldnt care what anyone says either cuz its my car,but i still think it looks sexier shaved.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Fobra
Banned

Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank
You guys really need to give this cobra body stuff a rest.... Ever notice it's usually the cobra guys that get the most butt hurt over this too? Like someone is infringing on their secret cult or something.
because it devalues their cars and their reputation for being the fastest and most rare collector/extreme race performance machines in the world... damn do you live in a cave?
Old 04-19-2009, 08:36 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fobra
because it devalues their cars and their reputation for being the fastest and most rare collector/extreme race performance machines in the world... damn do you live in a cave?
Im glad you feel that strongly about cobras. Seems like you have a strong passion for them . Maybe since I own one I should have that strong passion like you do!
Old 04-19-2009, 08:51 PM
BHMustangGT
3rd Gear Member

Ok so here's the deal.....next Saturday I'll have a GT rear back on my car YAY! lol... One of our clubs sponsors is going to trade me bumpers straight up and the GT bumper will be painted to match my car. So no more "Cobra" rear for me.

I'll be going back to something along these lines. I'll probably leave it solid silver with just black "Mustang" lettering though

Old 04-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

^ ^ Boooooo! LoL, Just stick with the cobra rear and get the letters filled in.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:02 PM
fausty
4th Gear Member

+1.Or atleast make some money off it, those arnt cheap.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:03 PM
BHMustangGT
3rd Gear Member

But I don't like the Cobra bumper with the letters filled in lol.... I don't like the shaved look, it's just a personal preference of mine. Without any letters there it just looks like it's missing something lol
Old 04-19-2009, 09:13 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Originally Posted by BHMustangGT
Ok so here's the deal.....next Saturday I'll have a GT rear back on my car YAY! lol... One of our clubs sponsors is going to trade me bumpers straight up and the GT bumper will be painted to match my car. So no more "Cobra" rear for me.

I'll be going back to something along these lines. I'll probably leave it solid silver with just black "Mustang" lettering though

this bumper is win... just like it is...black lower and black mustang look great
Old 04-19-2009, 09:16 PM
fausty
4th Gear Member

Why dont you shave cobra and imprint mustang on it. That would be original
Old 04-19-2009, 09:19 PM
Perf_white_GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BHMustangGT

the black on the lower part... is ummmmm cheesy...

just throwing that out there... but then again if its painted... i care much less about it... just as long as its not the stickers

but i do like the painted section on the trunk lid.... hopefully not too many more people do that... i kinda like being one of the few around houston...

Quick Reply: Dyno'd my car lol....Video inside