4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

s trim vs sq trim?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 03:35 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JJ03MustangGT
my sq was loud at idle, but you really couldnt hear it once i got moving. idk maybe my exhaust was too loud (lm2, o/r H). but at idle its got a very very noticeable whistle.

but like stated above identical to the s trim as far as performance goes

Yeah, a little tooo loud!
Old 04-25-2009, 03:38 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Originally Posted by sxynerd
A little Too quiet. lol

With the stock pulley it was quiet but after installing the 3.1 U definitely can hear it
Old 04-25-2009, 03:44 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lizzyfan
With the stock pulley it was quiet but after installing the 3.1 U definitely can hear it
Yeah, I made that correlation as well. But the stock pulley/boost is like paying for a hot hooker and only looking at her with her clothes on.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:41 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

Yeah, I made that correlation as well. But the stock pulley/boost is like paying for a hot hooker and only looking at her with her clothes on.
thats a good explanation
Old 04-25-2009, 05:15 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lizzyfan
Sweet then. I look forward to more whistle when I switch my pulley two sizes smaller to a 3.12"
Old 04-25-2009, 05:27 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang_NTriangle
Sweet then. I look forward to more whistle when I switch my pulley two sizes smaller to a 3.12"
oh your gonna have no problems hearing it!
Old 04-25-2009, 07:20 PM
jvog
5th Gear Member

If you guys think your sq trims are loud you need to ride in my car lol. My S-trim sounds like whistling tea kettle. (ok maybe not exactly like). The first day I took it out some guy asked me what was done to it. When I told him it was supercharged he was like well yea you can hear that a mile away.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jvog
If you guys think your sq trims are loud you need to ride in my car lol. My S-trim sounds like whistling tea kettle. (ok maybe not exactly like). The first day I took it out some guy asked me what was done to it. When I told him it was supercharged he was like well yea you can hear that a mile away.
Ive been told I have a bad power steering pump by the chic at my local Advance Auto. She actually got upset when I told her it's not a bad PS pump, lol. She wanted to argue...
Old 04-25-2009, 09:24 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

Ive been told I have a bad power steering pump by the chic at my local Advance Auto. She actually got upset when I told her it's not a bad PS pump, lol. She wanted to argue...
oh dont even get me started on that, people used to scream at me while at redlights that i had a bad belt, id say no and theyd get all pissed off! usually made for a good laugh
Old 04-25-2009, 09:33 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JJ03MustangGT
oh dont even get me started on that, people used to scream at me while at redlights that i had a bad belt, id say no and theyd get all pissed off! usually made for a good laugh
When ever I'm around "Old Muscle" guys they normally ask and I say it's just a gear drive, lol.

Quick Reply: s trim vs sq trim?