4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Suspension work results (WITH PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 07:30 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Mighty low, but looks nice tho
Old 04-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sweger
+1 to the hood (or a 95 cobra r with a 2.5" cowl) and to the bumper, but an 03/04...i always thought they looked meaner than the 99/01
It does but if you don't have a H/E down there it just looks stupid and out of place.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:52 PM
sweger
3rd Gear Member

i agree to a certain extent. I like the wide open look.

of course he could always go ricer and put some highly contrasting metal chicken wire in there
Old 04-26-2009, 08:24 PM
califas_1987
3rd Gear Member

how much shorter are the endlinks than the stock ones? I bought some from autozone, they specifically are for lowered stangs, but they dont look much different (but then again I havent put them side by side either).
Old 04-27-2009, 10:27 AM
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

lol thanks guys. I was thinking an 03/04 shaved rear bumper cover, mach1 chin up front, and either steeda's cowl hood or the cervini 1995 cobra r hood (the one without the heat extractor). That said, I'm done with appearance mods for a while so maybe after I graduate I'll do all that. I've put almost 1200 into the suspension now and another 1400 into wheels/tires. Together that is almost the price of a supercharger . But I do get much better handling along with the looks so I can't really complain too much.

Originally Posted by sweger
how do you like the tires? i always like them aesthetically and heard good things about them. im more into corners than drag, which is where they shine im told.

im getting frpp fr500s with nitto invo in 275/35...hopefully theyre up to par for me haha
I do like them aesthetically as well and that's what set them apart for me in the mid-range performance tire group but to be honest I'm not really that pleased. I have 4.10s so maybe I'm going to have issues with anything but DRs but they really have a tough time hooking up in 1st and 2nd. My backend always goes one way or the other. They are great for making cuts as long as you dont give it too much gas. That's probably the case with any tire though. One obvious negative is that they are pretty noisy. Probably due to the tread pattern. BUT, since these are the first "performance" tire I've driven on in a performance car, I can't really offer you a good opinion on them because I have nothing to compare them with. Suffice it to say, I'll be trying something different when they wear out. Probably Nitto NT01s or NT05s.

Originally Posted by lizzyfan
Mighty low, but looks nice tho
Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by califas_1987
how much shorter are the endlinks than the stock ones? I bought some from autozone, they specifically are for lowered stangs, but they dont look much different (but then again I havent put them side by side either).
They are 4.25" whereas the stock ones are 5.00" so 0.75" shorter. My front wheel is slammed though and stang suspension recommends shorter end links only if you're lowered more than 1.75 inches.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:47 AM
avlon06
5th Gear Member

car looks great now, deff made a huge difference!
Old 04-27-2009, 01:49 PM
marcuslee842
3rd Gear Member

Wow, it looks great! I'm doing the exact thing u did except I adding struts, shocks and upr uca's lca's so u might get a lot of pm's soon lol. On a scale from 1 to 5, (5 being the the best) how much better does it ride over stock?
Old 04-27-2009, 02:59 PM
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by marcuslee842
Wow, it looks great! I'm doing the exact thing u did except I adding struts, shocks and upr uca's lca's so u might get a lot of pm's soon lol. On a scale from 1 to 5, (5 being the the best) how much better does it ride over stock?
No problem man I don't mind helping out with what I can. I already did cc plates, shocks/struts, upper and lower control arms, and a strut tower brace before all this. To be honest the strut tower brace was the best suspension mod I've done for driveability. It is a day and night difference with and without it. The control arms improved my traction noticeably so they were a good choice as well.

I haven't driven it hard yet since the latest additions because I haven't gotten an alignment. I expect to be very happy with it. I would say 3 after these mods (guess at this point until the alignment). While it drives a lot better than stock, I know there are more ways to improve the handling so I'll say it's probably about the middle of the road.

Things I would suggest for you that you didn't mention:

CC plates (requirement for H&R super sports in my opinion)
full length subframe connectors (next on my list)
MM strut tower brace
Old 04-27-2009, 03:29 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Car looks great!!! nice job.. perfect stance dude
Old 04-27-2009, 04:33 PM
marcuslee842
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PaintballFreak
No problem man I don't mind helping out with what I can. I already did cc plates, shocks/struts, upper and lower control arms, and a strut tower brace before all this. To be honest the strut tower brace was the best suspension mod I've done for driveability. It is a day and night difference with and without it. The control arms improved my traction noticeably so they were a good choice as well.

I haven't driven it hard yet since the latest additions because I haven't gotten an alignment. I expect to be very happy with it. I would say 3 after these mods (guess at this point until the alignment). While it drives a lot better than stock, I know there are more ways to improve the handling so I'll say it's probably about the middle of the road.

Things I would suggest for you that you didn't mention:

CC plates (requirement for H&R super sports in my opinion)
full length subframe connectors (next on my list)
MM strut tower brace
Sounds good! I already have the CC plates, the SFC's and the STB should going on next month if my wallet allows it. lol

Quick Reply: Suspension work results (WITH PICS)