4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

installed longtubes this weekend

Old 05-03-2009, 11:29 PM
mvr
6th Gear Member

Default installed longtubes this weekend **VIDEO UP**

finally got around to installing my mac longtubes and vrs o/r x at a buddies house with some friends. man does that install suck, but it was so worth it. car pulls harder now in every gear especially 3rd, car feels so much more responsive and smooth. it also sounds awesome now. basically same sound it had before but much cleaner and meaner. i will try to get a video sometime early this week. here are some teaser pics i took with my phone.

VIDEO ON PAGE 3

Last edited by mvr; 05-04-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:32 PM
jRock617
2nd Gear Member

welcome to the LT crowd. id personaly never want to do another LT header install again in my life, but at WOT the car sounds amazing. Get the video up as soon as u can!
Old 05-03-2009, 11:38 PM
mvr
6th Gear Member

i knew what i was getting myself into because ive helped in a few LT installs, so have my buddies. that stock K is rediculous tho, why did ford even put that massive paper weight in there in the first place. didnt help that my car has been a northeast car most of its life, everything is rusted. i work nights so i can probably get a nice day video in a few days when i catch up with sleep lol.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:40 PM
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

you wouldn't happen to have a before and after shot of your exhaust underneath showing the ground clearance would you?

I'm lowered more than 2 inches up front and I want some clarification on ground clearance with LTs. I already scrape my cats but someone said you can gain clearance with MAC LTs. I don't really believe them lol I want to see evidence

Last edited by PaintballFreak; 05-03-2009 at 11:46 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-03-2009, 11:50 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Very nice man! I can't wait to see what kinda trouble mine are going to give me. I'm doing mine in 2 weeks when I take my vacation week from work and I'll be out of school.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:50 PM
mvr
6th Gear Member

the macs are tucked up pretty nice, seemed tucked up better than my buddies car with bbk's. il get a pic tomorow, i still gotta get back under there in a week or two and fix my catback, the pass side hangs a little low for now.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:51 PM
black35th
4th Gear Member

Looking forward to the video! Take some more pictures of that little jig that you got to keep the motor suspended too....
Old 05-03-2009, 11:53 PM
mvr
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by black35th
Looking forward to the video! Take some more pictures of that little jig that you got to keep the motor suspended too....
that thing is AMAZING keeps the motor supported by the strut tower while you drop your K. its great for K swaps or longtubes. unfutunately its not mine, but its basically some blocks of wood and some steel, probably was cunstructed for 20bucks or less from any hardware store.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:07 AM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

good job on installing urself.. thats the way to save a few bucks.. hopefully ur clutch never goes out

question... where are you placing the jack when you lift up your car from the front?? i usually go on ramps but i scrape my lip BADLY.. if i can jack up my front, it would be so much easier and quicker...
Old 05-04-2009, 12:23 AM
mvr
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220
good job on installing urself.. thats the way to save a few bucks.. hopefully ur clutch never goes out

question... where are you placing the jack when you lift up your car from the front?? i usually go on ramps but i scrape my lip BADLY.. if i can jack up my front, it would be so much easier and quicker...
jack it up by the Kmember and place jacks under the subframes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: installed longtubes this weekend