4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Anyone ever work at AutoZone? Have an issue.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 08:17 PM
wesleyn
1st Gear Member

Default Anyone ever work at AutoZone? Have an issue.

I bought a set of Duralast Gold pads from them a while back (maybe 2 years) and they are totally shot. I called today and was told that they would warranty/swap them. When I gave them my phone number, they could not find the record. I bought these when I was in Georgia visiting family, so I can only assume that the person who entered my information entered it incorrectly. What does AutoZone do in this instance, if there is anything that can be done. I am cheap, and dont wanna spend money if they will swap them free of charge. Thanks in advance!
Old 05-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Fo_Mo_Co

its gonna be tough man....they have to find the warranty...when in georgia, what did they ask u for??? name address and phone????? they can search for them in either one....if the autozone guy looks for them, but i mean really try, he might find the warranty...

but other than that, i guess they have to find it...in order for the swap. i think.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:00 PM
ct_white_stang
4th Gear Member

Yeah, I think your out of luck...although aren't the pads only like 30 bucks or something....dude thats like a tank of gas not worth the hassle.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:33 PM
machracer11
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ct_white_stang
Yeah, I think your out of luck...although aren't the pads only like 30 bucks or something....dude thats like a tank of gas not worth the hassle.

I agree not worth it at all
Old 05-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wesleyn
I bought a set of Duralast Gold pads from them a while back (maybe 2 years) and they are totally shot. I called today and was told that they would warranty/swap them. When I gave them my phone number, they could not find the record. I bought these when I was in Georgia visiting family, so I can only assume that the person who entered my information entered it incorrectly. What does AutoZone do in this instance, if there is anything that can be done. I am cheap, and dont wanna spend money if they will swap them free of charge. Thanks in advance!
Don't be a cheap ***!
Old 05-04-2009, 09:41 PM
wesleyn
1st Gear Member

They were around $60 for the pads. The sad part is that they only have 10,000 miles on them. I am broke right now and dont wanna run the backing against the rotors so I thought if I could get them replaced free, why not. Thanks for the replies!
Old 05-05-2009, 12:28 AM
califas_1987
3rd Gear Member

gather a list of phone numbers that could possibly be linked to the purchase. they would be able to go into their data base and look at the vehicles associated with the phone numbers. Go in during a time that would not be busy. talk to a manager to help you out with it. try and identify the autozone in your area that is known to be a top performer. i used to work for the best autozone store in my town, and they really cared about customer satisfaction.

give it a shot, and be courteous with them and they will go that extra mile for you, but at the end of the day if you cant remember or you cant give them enough information to help them find it, you might end up having to dish it out of your own pocket for another set of pads.

10k miles and they're shot? give your caliper's sliding pins a good cleaning and a shot of grease. thats just way too soon for those to be going out. I've had the duralast gold ceramic pads on mine for ~17k miles and they still look good.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:33 AM
mudvayne1
3rd Gear Member

You'll be better off just buying a set.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:29 PM
mestit3
2nd Gear Member

look up the store number from the town you bought them in and then they can look it up by last name which usually worked a lot more often than phone number.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:04 PM
CAMDUP
3rd Gear Member

i understand your warranty issue, BUT they are your brakes.Dont be a cheap a$$ when it comes to your brakes, YOU JUST MIGHT NEED EM SOMETIME !!

Quick Reply: Anyone ever work at AutoZone? Have an issue.