Do we have a section for parts prices? - MustangForums.com

4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:33 PM   #1  
tws1098
4th Gear Member

Default Do we have a section for parts prices?

I was just wondering if we have a section/thread for parts prices (new/used)?

I would be willing to take the time to compile a list of popular parts and brands of that part including a new and approx. used price. Would anyone be in favor of this sort of thing? I would be able to update it pretty regularly and if anyone wants to know where I got a price they could just pm me for details.

I have just been doing a lot of part searching myself and thought this might be a nice addition to the forum if it has any warrant for it.

Feel free to give your opinion on the topic, or let me know if it already exists. Thanks guys.
tws1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:24 PM   #2  
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

A lot of the product vendors are affiliated with this site and probably wouldn't want that information in one collective thread. Prices are always subject to change at their discretion and they want as many people visiting their sites as possible to earn revenue from adverts and to be lured into a purchase. Good idea but the big dogs probably wouldn't let it happen.
PaintballFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:35 AM   #3  
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

I think Paintballfreak just about hit it right on the head. Yeah, some vendors may not even be close on prices, or even companies not affiliated with MF may be cheap or expensive...

You shouldn't shop solely on prices. Customer service is a great thing to have.

Besides, with all the price ****'s here and how they wouldn't pay XXX for that because they can get it for XXX...would just be so incredibly annoying after a while that I would fight the urge to delete the thread everytime I saw it happen.
Dan04COBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:12 AM   #4  
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

Yep and to be more specific, say your post included an item that could be found cheaper than what vendor A lists it for. This vendor would be less likely to offer incentives like forum member discounts if we've got a running list of who beats their prices on particular items.

Dan makes a good point about customer service. Last week I spent an extra 30 dollars on a part from vendor B because vendor A sent me the wrong part and I didn't want to wait for them to fix their mistake. They lost my business for that purchase. This kind of quality cannot always be guaranteed by the lowest price and often you can't put a price on good customer service.
PaintballFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:40 PM   #5  
tws1098
4th Gear Member

good points guys, I hadn't really thought about that. I appreciate the thoughts.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:40 PM   #6  
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

I say BOO HOO to any vendor who gets butt hurt about his prices being beat by someone else. If you dont like it, lower your price. The consumer wants the lowest price that we can get.
H0SS302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:34 PM   #7  
tws1098
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0SS302 View Post
I say BOO HOO to any vendor who gets butt hurt about his prices being beat by someone else. If you dont like it, lower your price. The consumer wants the lowest price that we can get.
haha well put