4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Ok I Fixed One Thing An Another Goes Wrong, HELP!

Old 05-06-2009, 09:41 AM
BlackBomberGT

Default Ok I Fixed One Thing An Another Goes Wrong, HELP!

Ok first i have to tell you one thing that may be causeing this before the actual question lol. My car's airbags arnt set up, i have to get new sensors and i have the air bag blue box thing that has to be set up by ford or something like that, so i think that has something to do with the problem. but anyway the other day, i had replaced my Odometer/trip meter gear in my car, and of course while doing this they tell you to diconnect my battery. So i did and replaced everything and when i started it back up it now beeps, it will beep in intervals of three about fifteen times. And there is a little blue box right behind the CD player (Which i think has to do with the airbags) that i think the noise is comming from. And the airbag light isn't on anymore (It was before i did all this) i hope someone can help me with this messed up stuff lol.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:54 PM
BlackBomberGT

Anyone?
Old 05-08-2009, 05:15 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

Thats the "Diagnostic Monitor" telling you its fubar'd... Its not that bad to replace... Its behind the radio and HVAC controls. Once you replace it, the only thing it says to do is "prove out" the system

Prove Out System
PROVE OUT SYSTEM means to turn the ignition switch from OFF to RUN and visually monitor the air bag indicator with the air bags installed . The air bag indicator will light continuously for approximately six seconds and then turn off. If an air bag system fault is present, the air bag indicator will either:
  • fail to light.
  • remain lit continuously.
  • flash.
The flashing may not occur until approximately 30 seconds after the ignition switch has been turned from OFF to the RUN position. This is the time required for the air bag diagnostic monitor to complete testing of the air bag system. If the air bag indicator is inoperative and an air bag system fault exists, a tone will sound in a pattern of five sets of five beeps. If this occurs, the air bag indicator will need to be serviced before diagnosis can be continued.