4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Buying first mustang..

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 01:58 AM
fuctfuct

Talking Buying first mustang..

I can only really afford 94-98 style .. Is there anything in particular to look for?

I am going to look at this one on Sat.
http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/8927785
Old 05-07-2009, 02:34 AM
black35th
4th Gear Member

They want $8500 for a 80k mile '96?!

No way I would ever pay that for a '96, hell I got my '99 with almost the same mileage for $400 more. If you are looking to spend $8500 then you CAN fine a New Edge and you will get a better looking car (IMO)with more horsepower (FACT).
Old 05-07-2009, 03:11 AM
fuctfuct

It's 80km (49k miles) and 8500 CAD (7283 USD). I sent an email saying the most i could pay would be 7000 CAD (5997 USD) and he said come on down.

*shrugs* Every car in B.C. is way overpriced .. not much i can do

Last edited by fuctfuct; 05-07-2009 at 03:15 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:01 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by fuctfuct
It's 80km (49k miles) and 8500 CAD (7283 USD). I sent an email saying the most i could pay would be 7000 CAD (5997 USD) and he said come on down.

*shrugs* Every car in B.C. is way overpriced .. not much i can do
Yeah bro, I've been telling anyone who will listen how outrageous car prices are here in B.C. I'm on Craigslist Vancouver every single day and have seen some deals I like better than the one you linked (although that one does look nice). Even if you had to come over to the mainland it may be worth your while, the product pool is a little deeper here than on the island. There are a bunch of cars I would snap up right now if I didn't have mine. Mind you I paid more than your 7K for a '93 so who am I to give advice lol...

*EDIT* Check that...I just narrowed the search to $7000 and the year you're looking at and none were near as nice. If you can get him to take 7K you should jump on it. That thing looks pristine, good luck!

Last edited by Baddog; 05-07-2009 at 04:19 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:22 AM
fuctfuct

Originally Posted by Baddog
Yeah bro, I've been telling anyone who will listen how outrageous car prices are here in B.C. I'm on Craigslist Vancouver every single day and have seen some deals I like better than the one you linked (although that one does look nice). Even if you had to come over to the mainland it may be worth your while, the product pool is a little deeper here than on the island. There are a bunch of cars I would snap up right now if I didn't have mine. Mind you I paid more than your 7K for a '93 so who am I to give advice lol...
Its really hard to pic one of the many cars on the mainland to go see. I don't want to pick a craptastic one then do a 6 hour $200 (both ways) trip just to pull in the driveway and see a POS. Everyone says their cars are hot **** and getting people to send good pics is like pulling teeth!! lol

If you see anything nice let me know. I have about 9k in my savings but i cant really justify spending it all .. I might just get a LT1 z28 .. priced much cheaper on average.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:27 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

Its really hard to pic one of the many cars on the mainland to go see. I don't want to pick a craptastic one then do a 6 hour $200 (both ways) trip just to pull in the driveway and see a POS. Everyone says their cars are hot **** and getting people to send good pics is like pulling teeth!! lol

If you see anything nice let me know. I have about 9k in my savings but i cant really justify spending it all .. I might just get a LT1 z28 .. priced much cheaper on average.
See my edited post above^^^. IF and I mean IF you can get the guy to knock a whopping 15hun off of his ask then you should jump all over that thing, it looks fvcking flawless. I'll keep my eye out for deals on SN-95's for you just the same...
Old 05-07-2009, 04:29 AM
fuctfuct

I'm pretty sure he will do 7k .. i told him its all i had . Gonna check it out on sat.

Might go look at this on sunday .. http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/8939582

Gonna say i only have $6500 :P

Last edited by fuctfuct; 05-07-2009 at 04:33 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:46 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

I'm pretty sure he will do 7k .. i told him its all i had . Gonna check it out on sat.

Might go look at this on sunday .. http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/8939582

Gonna say i only have $6500 :P
The 1st one is way nicer IMO hands down but it's up to you. Or you could go the fox route and pick up this 'lil beauty http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/cto/1107462435.html If I hadn't bought my car when I did that would have been in my driveway the same day. Good luck and like I said focus on the black one, it looks VERY well looked after. Cheers.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:02 AM
fuctfuct

Duno what it is but i really prefer the look of the GT foxbodys. I have been talking to this guy but he wont go lower then 6800

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/8108476
Old 05-07-2009, 05:11 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

Duno what it is but i really prefer the look of the GT foxbodys. I have been talking to this guy but he wont go lower then 6800

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/8108476
That's where we clash then lol. I've never liked the skirting, tails and turndowns on the GT. In the end it's your dough, focus on the bodystyle you like the best and hone your seach on that. I much prefer the NPI GT you initially linked to better than the other two and I'm a fox guy for crying out loud. See what the guy says and drive it to ensure it performs as good as it looks. If not, pack and move on. That fox I linked would eat them all alive though and look damn sexy doing it lol! I know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Quick Reply: Buying first mustang..