4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

going to beat up on some ls1s hehe

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

Default going to beat up on some ls1s hehe

well its official, im nutz...If you have been following me you know 2 things. 1.) i ran a time that practically no one beleives a few weeks ago. and 2.) I broke my car in the process. AH HA or so i thought. i could be wrong but it apears the fried posi may still have some life, i beleive that i may have just over heated it a bit, which if thats the case GREAT! means i might have a few more runs before it totally poops out. So heres the plan, my budy had a 2000gt, and after losing to me a few times decided he wanted a bigger motor lol and went out and traded for a transam...why on earth he would do that....and an auto....omg....in anycase i plan to make him pay for it. So updated from just a wheel swap back to factory to run a 13.39 this time im going all out, i have striped the seats minus the drivers seat...and striped the heavy *** amp/speak peice of plastic... and will be removing the front sway bar and of course putting the factory rims and tires back on. I am hoping in all this crazyness, to stomp the auto T/a and go door to door with my buddys z/28 camaro. WISH ME LUCK!!! who knows maybe ill run a 12.99 and everyone will poop themselfs....lol
Old 05-07-2009, 09:39 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

he got the auto b/c they are actually fast!!! if he adds a stall and gears your done! most stalled/gear autos ive seen are running low 12s, with full bolt ons they run 11s if driven right. good luck tho

Originally Posted by Bman2000
well its official, im nutz...If you have been following me you know 2 things. 1.) i ran a time that practically no one beleives a few weeks ago. and 2.) I broke my car in the process. AH HA or so i thought. i could be wrong but it apears the fried posi may still have some life, i beleive that i may have just over heated it a bit, which if thats the case GREAT! means i might have a few more runs before it totally poops out. So heres the plan, my budy had a 2000gt, and after losing to me a few times decided he wanted a bigger motor lol and went out and traded for a transam...why on earth he would do that....and an auto....omg....in anycase i plan to make him pay for it. So updated from just a wheel swap back to factory to run a 13.39 this time im going all out, i have striped the seats minus the drivers seat...and striped the heavy *** amp/speak peice of plastic... and will be removing the front sway bar and of course putting the factory rims and tires back on. I am hoping in all this crazyness, to stomp the auto T/a and go door to door with my buddys z/28 camaro. WISH ME LUCK!!! who knows maybe ill run a 12.99 and everyone will poop themselfs....lol
Old 05-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

the camaro has an intake and corvette tires and the T/a is a stock grannys car. they can be fast...but right now pretty much stock, and im a hell of a driver apparently. Im more worried about the 6 speed camaro at the moment, he cant do it consistantly but he has run a 13.1xx and his best trap is like 108, so i gotta scoot if i wanna win, and i gotta be all over that light...which is very hard for me lol
Old 05-07-2009, 09:47 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

thats just the thing, the m6's are a lil easier to beat, just out 60' him which shouldnt be hard for a mustang, and out tree him and hell have to play catch up.

but the auto just needs a stall and trust me that thing will MOVE. if he adds gears and/or exhaust then you have absolutely no chance unless he cant drive, which isnt hard for an a4 car. should be a good race tho until he gets the stall

Originally Posted by Bman2000
the camaro has an intake and corvette tires and the T/a is a stock grannys car. they can be fast...but right now pretty much stock, and im a hell of a driver apparently. Im more worried about the 6 speed camaro at the moment, he cant do it consistantly but he has run a 13.1xx and his best trap is like 108, so i gotta scoot if i wanna win, and i gotta be all over that light...which is very hard for me lol
Old 05-07-2009, 10:04 PM
stang04chris
2nd Gear Member

u should take both, i ran an 02 ss with full exhaust, and a 02 ws6, all i have is full botl ons full exhaust, nitto 555rs and 410s, i took both by a little over 2-3 cars
Old 05-07-2009, 10:15 PM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

ok for the next people to read. My MODS are in my sig...i have no gears, and infact will be using cheep falkens to do the run just like i did for my 13.39. I have no headers, i dont got sticky tires i have stock gears, old clutch factory tranny with a few bad powershifts on it so it isnt what i would cal reliable for shifting lol and of course my screwed up posi. 103k on the car too. In a month or so most of that will go away but for now i want to see what the car can do basically factory plus 25hpish
Old 05-07-2009, 10:16 PM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

I have a question, my idea of "beat up on" means "walking away from", not just barely edging one out to the tune of .1 second gap??

am I alone in this, or can that just be thought of as a simple win, not necessarily "beating up on"
Old 05-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

i fully expect to take stock ls1 cars with just the addition of gears and good tires, this however could prove to be a challenge hehe oh by the way does the sway bar thing acctually help? alot? a little? any ideas?
Old 05-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

well i know what you mean...i c the point, i only say beat up on because basically my car is a mild bolt on stang thats wore out, i think edging one of those cars out by a .1 would be plenty good enough for me, although its mainly the beating up on the egos of my friends who are convinced i dont stand a chance. i should have a video or 2 as well if everything goes as planned
Old 05-07-2009, 10:38 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stang04chris
u should take both, i ran an 02 ss with full exhaust, and a 02 ws6, all i have is full botl ons full exhaust, nitto 555rs and 410s, i took both by a little over 2-3 cars
haha, thats funny! i raced a full bolt on (4:10s) 03 GT the other night, let him have a 2 car jump and literally walked by him like we standing still and put bus lengths on him before he knew what happened. at the track a stalled auto ls1 will murder you.

Originally Posted by 2000AZ5.0GT
I have a question, my idea of "beat up on" means "walking away from", not just barely edging one out to the tune of .1 second gap??

am I alone in this, or can that just be thought of as a simple win, not necessarily "beating up on"

i feel the same way, unless you are literally walking away pretty hard and putting more than a car on the other person its not really beating up on the other car

Quick Reply: going to beat up on some ls1s hehe