4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Help with exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 01:24 PM
xkyle22
1st Gear Member

Black35th, NEVER did i say i didn't want or appreciate advice on a supercharger... i have been looking at kenne bell, vortech, and eaton and appreciate all advice (thats why i made the thread). I am not an expert as you say its just that anderson recommended it to me. also your advice on listening to exhaust on youtube is the ONLY thing in this post that doesnt make sense. i simply asked for advice... you want me to make a decision based on "o so high quality" youtube videos. I made this thread so i wouldnt regret it... so take your negative garbage else where. on a side note maybe say what you like in terms of mufflers, instead of just listing the different kinds that i already know of
Old 05-08-2009, 01:25 PM
xkyle22
1st Gear Member

i appreciate everyone else answering my questions, i wanna get something that people are happy with. thanks again
Old 05-08-2009, 03:13 PM
ddmsgtr1
4th Gear Member

The point black35th is trying to make about exhaust is correct. Depending on who you listen to, you are going to regret what you buy. Everybody has a little different opinion of what sounds good and what the optimum setup is. You really need to listen to some different setups. The only advice I can give is, as said before, ditch the shorty idea and get long tubes. If I wasn't planning on doing a turbo in the future, I'd be ripping out mine for a set of LTs.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:35 PM
youkairyu32
1st Gear Member

All you lucky ********s not living in California, I envy you!

I agree, long tube is probably the best choice. I have heard allot of people say to get MAC LTs, start there. Then depending on your specific state laws you can get various downpipe/tube setups. The best is probably going to be an offroad x-pipe, I have heard good things about BBKs. Then take your pick of cat-back exhausts, like I mentioned before, I like Borla. However, I also have a mustang with Flowmaster and it sounds great too (honestly a little deeper then Borla, however Borla has a better sound when you let off the throttle and the RPMs start going down, pardon my poor imitation but: bluhg luhg luhg luhg...).

I don't think that anyone wants to **** off or offend anyone else, one of my favorite things about owning a mustang, is when you pass another one and the dude waves. Were all here because we love our cars, and that is a reason for us to all be on the same team.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:53 PM
black35th
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by xkyle22
Black35th, NEVER did i say i didn't want or appreciate advice on a supercharger... i have been looking at kenne bell, vortech, and eaton and appreciate all advice (thats why i made the thread).I am not an expert as you say its just that anderson recommended it to me.
Then why are you acting like you dont want to hear it when someone tells you to look elsewhere for a S/C? Your previous comments made it seem like you knew exactly what you wanted and didn't care what we said.

also your advice on listening to exhaust on youtube is the ONLY thing in this post that doesnt make sense. i simply asked for advice... you want me to make a decision based on "o so high quality" youtube videos. I made this thread so i wouldnt regret it... so take your negative garbage else where. on a side note maybe say what you like in terms of mufflers, instead of just listing the different kinds that i already know of
Ha. You see thats just the thing. You make this thread asking for advice with muffler choice, the problem is NOT EVERYONE HAS THE SAME TASTE IN EXHAUST. That is the point I'm trying to make here. Some will tell you that a o/r x pipe and SLP LM1's sound good and some will tell you that an o/r H and Flowmasters sound good, the only problem is, they are two TOTALLY opposite sounds. This is why I told you to get on youtube and listen to what exhaust you think you will like more and narrow it down from there. Are you a chambered muffler kind of person or a straight through kind of person? YOU need to tell US more of what your looking for.

You're going to regret listening to some posts in this thread if you don't even know what sound your looking for. Youtube will give you a good idea.